balcony triple bed config.

cruise2480

HELP! My travel agent just told me that a triple balcony can have the two lower beds together; because of fire laws the beds must remain apart. Is this true? I have never heard of this in all of our years crusing. Is this Princess policy? Can I book a triple balcony and have my husban & I together with our daughter in the upper berth?

My cabin is on hold for tonight so please respond if you know. We are holding a BA on Emerald Princess 12/20/08.

We were told its because of the ladders being fixed to the lower and upper bunks!!!

so we have 2 cabins with 3 people in them like this ( 2 adults +1 child) and 1 cabin with 2 people in it ....plus ours

hope this helps.

No worries. The bed will be fixed however you like it. Just tell your room steward when you embark. We always bring our daughter along with us, and it always says "twin configuration", and we always have them make it into one bed.

Even though it reads Twin Beds--All of them CANNOT be made into one bed.

I called Princess about this as I was booked with a balcony cabin for 3 people on the Crown and my printed information said that this room could not have the beds put together. Princess said that this information was correct as some of the rooms cannot have the beds together. I didn't ask why because I wanted the beds together so I changed to a mini.

Call Princess to make sure.

I am very confused. My travel agent told me that if we had only 2 in the room then the beds could be pushed together. So I do not think they are "fixed". Rather, I believe it is their policy to keep the beds separate if the room has 3 or more people. Has anyone been in a triple balcony (BA - Caribe deck) on the Emerald Princess and asked to have the lower beds together?

We had booked a triple balcony on the Grand and were told that we could not have the two lower beds together. Our TA said we could, but Princess were adament that we could not. I think it was because the person in the top bunk would have to stand on the bed below to get in and out of bed, i.e. the ladder could not be used. I think it is to do with safety regulations. Anyway, we have had to get a mini, as we are doing 2 b2b cruises, each 12 days - too long in single beds!:D

We were on the CB with my 4 year old daughter and she was in the upper berth in a balcony room with my DH and I in the pushed-together/queen configuration. The ladder was long enough that it extended from the foot end of the upper berth to the floor in the "hallway" running down the length of the room from front door to balcony. There was absolutely no prohibition on that ship. In fact, that is precisely how the room steward configured the room everynight for us, without any request by us.

Just to mention, as well, that I believe we were on the Caribe deck on CB, the one with the very large balconies, so I would guess the rooms are close the same. Also the berth came out from wall separating the room from the bathroom, perhaps on Emerald the berth comes from the side wall so the ladder needs to be placed between the beds?

I think that Princess has to say that the beds cannot be together, but once you get on board just have them put the beds together. Like I said, we always do it. It has been the same for all of our 16 Princess cruises. No problem at all.

Has anyone been able to reconfigure the cabin on the Emerald? We have a BA on the Carib. I assume since all the 'gem' class ships are basically the same it should not be a problem. But, before I put down the big deposit, has anyone on the EP pushed the lowers together and had an upper.

:confused: PS: I assume the upper has a railing? My daughter has never slept on a bunk bed.

The uppers do have railings, of course, for safety. We had a triple bed configuration on the Crown, and our steward pushed the lower beds together for hubby and me. Then the ladder was extended from the foot of the upper instead of the side. To get to the bathroom the person nearest the balcony has to crawl over the foot of the lower beds, but so what? Don't worry, you can make it work!

Archived