Mariner deck 9 front of the ship

Dlynn

I am booked on the Mariner Deck 9 toward the front of the ship. I am worried because reading these boards most people don't like the front of the ship. The room is a D1 ocean view stateroom with a balcony. There are not a lot of these rooms. I can get on a waiting list but I'm confused what to ask for. I always here middle of the ship. Does this mean middle deck or middle on each deck. Is the miiddle or back better even if I stay on deck 9. I'm just worried about getting seasick. I've been on a weekend cruise and I didn't get sick but I have know idea where my room was. Please help! Any information will be appreciated.:confused:

Most people dont like the front because the front feels the most motion.

THe lower the better...mid ship is even greater. But if your choices are limited there isnt much you can do. When is your cruise?

My cruise is in February. The ship is full but I heard when final payment is due a lot of rooms become available. I just don't know what to request. Is anything going to be better than a high deck in the front? Does it have to be the same category I have reserved. :confused:

Yes, its true that lots of people cancel when final payment becomes due.

If you want to move to a different category you jsut pay the difference. (are you checking pricing ? coz if the price comes down you want to be onthe phone with your agent and you want the new price.)

Did you book a D-1? for how many people?

9354 9356 9358

9654 9656 9658

are any of these available with these 4 being the first choice?

9620 9622 9320 9322

Ya know-- its ok to go to a lower deck. Higher decks only cost more then lower decks. ok so it puts you closer to things but those things are just as easy to get to by using the stairs and elevators.

I booked a D1 for four people. Two adults and two kids. I don't know where to check prices. The ship is full except for inside cabins. I know I want a balcony. I am on a wait list for a different room. If the price was good I would like to get a junior suite. :)

to check prices go to http://www.rccl.com and make believe you are booking the cruise all over again. Put in 4 people for the sailing you want. Take it all the way to the end and see how much. If its less then what you paid then you call your agent.

How do you know the ship is full?

if you want me to check tell me the date and the ship

After checking a few online sites your agent is good- The ship is almost sold out and only gauarantees are to be had. I see a D1- gauarantee is now selling for 1317pp Good luck-- and check when its a little after the final payment.

We had a "front of the ship" cabin on deck 9 on the Explorer, and we loved it. Wonderful view. We had no problem with seasickness or motion.

This time we'll be at the back with a balcony, but for a room without a balcony 9502 or 9504 were both great. Our friends had 9504, and it was a bit larger.

Happy cruising!

MJH

We had a cabin toward the front of the ship, cabin 1548, on AOS, and I was also concerned about possible increased movement. It turned out just fine! None of the three of us felt any increase in movement at all. In fact it was a great location!

We were on deck 10 and about 7 or so cabins back. Being that high up also concerned me, as far as movement goes. It was smooth sailing! I think it was the best location we have ever had, even better than midship. I think the whole thing was the size of the ship (Voyager Class) compared to others, the whole ride was smooth. We were on one of the Carnival ships once (Glory), mid ship and it wasn't as smooth...in fact hard to shave my legs sometimes! :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been very worried too about being at the front of the ship. I don't have major motion problems but have been queasy on a cruise by times so I was even getting queasy worrying about the motion at the front. But hearing some good experiences is making me feel better!

Lynda

Thanks to all of you for your information...however I have a bizarre question. I have been told that you can go between rooms via the balconies? Can anyone verify this for me. We are going on Mariner in April 2005 & we have a five balcony cabins on deck 9 towards the front and thought it would be neat if we could go between rooms via the balcony as opposed to the main corridor.Thanks for any info you may/may not have.

Dlynn, I just came off the Mariner 10/3 with cabin 7214 balcony most forward a balcony on the side there is, and it was great. Forget about the seasick tales, it just ain't true. Entire ride was smooth with exception of Friday night sailing when we had 40mph wind gust and then it was still very calm. So go for it and I hope you enjoy your cruise.

We are booking again and I think I will try for the same cabin we enjoyed it so much.

Good luck and happy sailing,

Mimgan

Thank you Mimgan, I feel a lot better. :) Was it a far walk to the elevator? I have heard this about rooms at the very back of the ship. I was just curious if it's the same for rooms at the front? What about stairs? Do people use the stairs? I would also appreciate anything you think a first timer should know about the Mariner. Thanks !

Thanks, I feel much better too, about our cabin location now that I've read these posts! We'll be in 7512 on the Rhapsody, first cabin up front with our first balcony. Got our docs today and now it feels REAL!!!!!

36_2_1.gif

Archived