Wine no charge on Quest?

marytexas

It seems to me that somewhere I saw that wine was included with dinner but I can't find it now. Can anyone help me?

Also, are soft drinks free or is it a per drink charge?

My husband drinks wine. I drink soft drinks. Sometimes it costs more for me to drink Pepsi than for him to drink wine.

Thanks for the help.

It seems to me that somewhere I saw that wine was included with dinner but I can't find it now. Can anyone help me?

Also, are soft drinks free or is it a per drink charge?

My husband drinks wine. I drink soft drinks. Sometimes it costs more for me to drink Pepsi than for him to drink wine.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Mary !

Neither Wine is or soda is included with Dinner. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Andy,

Thanks for answering me. It wasn't a big deal question. When I was telling someone about our cruise, they asked me and I didn't know the answer. But I knew where I could go for the answer. I love this board!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We just came back from Azamara Quest. Wine is charged. You can find some good quality wine and not very expensive.

Just one difference with Celebrity, do not wait for the sommelier as they don't have any onboard. The waiter is dealing with the wine. They don't have much experience about wine offered onboard. A little disappointment at that level, especially as you need to pay an 18 percent gratuity on top. If you drink wine onboard, do not expect too good a service. We got the impression that people drinking tap water received more attention than the people spending money on wine in the restaurant.

Thanks for answering my question. That is a lot for the waiter to worry about food service and wine service. It would seem to me that when they advertise Azamara as luxury that that would come with a wine steward (at least). I am not a wine drinker so it doesn't matter to me but it is interesting as to what constitutes luxury.

Thanks for answering my question. That is a lot for the waiter to worry about food service and wine service. It would seem to me that when they advertise Azamara as luxury that that would come with a wine steward (at least). I am not a wine drinker so it doesn't matter to me but it is interesting as to what constitutes luxury.

I would tend to agree with you, however, on Oceania the "wine stewards" were no more than waters in different dress. Their knowledge of wine was minimal.:(

Hi Marytexas,

I'll answer the soda portion of your question. Cans of soda were free to suite guests, but you'll probably have to keep after your butler for them. On the Quest, there was one small article in our daily paper early in the cruise that advertised a soda card for $5 per day, but that's the last we heard of it. I read one review which stated they didn't know anything about the soda card. I can believe that. I don't think it's advertise it well at all. And.... I saw Coke products only - no Pepsi.

Brenda

Just wanted to clarify one point. There is a sommelier onboard the Quest. He is busy, and waiting for him may not prove useful. He has to service the restaurant and both specialty restaurants. However, we did consult with him one night. If you want him, I think you need to ask.

As for the soda, I have to admit I was in a suite. Antonio was superb about keeping the frid stocked with the diet cokes.

I've used the soda card many times on Celebrity. (Azamara web site has the same program). It seems to be a good deal. They add a sticker to your room card. All bars and restaurants honor it; you just show them the sticker on your card. However, you only receive drinks in a relatively small glass - one drink at a time. The card does not work for cans. If you want a can, you must buy one.

Don't be surprised with the gratuity on the $5/day. Go to Azamara site FAQ and search for soda for a complete description.

Kathy

Archived