Snakes and river tubing

fern1226

We just returned from our cruise and the White River tubing was part of our excursion and we did not see any snakes at all.

Who did you use for your tour and what all did you do? I'm looking at a couple of different tour companies.

I believe our guide Carolyn Barrett advised us that there were no snakes in Jamaica, due to the amount of Mongoose that run loose On the Island. we have been several times and have never seen a snake, but have seen mongooses..(or what ever the plural for mongoose is)

I believe our guide Carolyn Barrett advised us that there were no snakes in Jamaica, due to the amount of Mongoose that run loose On the Island. we have been several times and have never seen a snake, but have seen mongooses..(or what ever the plural for mongoose is)

Thanks. That's good to know.

We just returned from our cruise on Sunday. We went River tubing in Jamaica and had a great time. We did not see any snakes at all. We used Marva Shaw (actually it was her son Jaiva) from knowjamaica.com I would certainly recommend them. They were very prompt to pick us up at the Port and took us to Dunns River before the crowds, then we did a little shopping and went on to River tubing. My daughter and her friend (both 17) enjoyed jumping of the cliff half way down the river. This was a wonderful tour, I would highly recommend it. They were very flexible and we were back at the ship in plenty of time, no worries.:)

I must correct my answer, after further research, i must change my answer to: there are no poisonous snakes in Jamaica... there may be harmless grass snakes... don't worry about the snakes while tubing or rafting. enjoy!!!

We just returned from our cruise on Sunday. We went River tubing in Jamaica and had a great time. We did not see any snakes at all. We used Marva Shaw (actually it was her son Jaiva) from knowjamaica.com I would certainly recommend them. They were very prompt to pick us up at the Port and took us to Dunns River before the crowds, then we did a little shopping and went on to River tubing. My daughter and her friend (both 17) enjoyed jumping of the cliff half way down the river. This was a wonderful tour, I would highly recommend it. They were very flexible and we were back at the ship in plenty of time, no worries.:)

i have this excursion booked also. Did you go to a beach? I think either Mahagony or Reggae Beach is mentioned in this tour that I booked. I was wondering what you thought of it? Thanks. :)

i have this excursion booked also. Did you go to a beach? I think either Mahagony or Reggae Beach is mentioned in this tour that I booked. I was wondering what you thought of it? Thanks. :)

We did not go to a beach. This was our last island that we visited so we didn't really want to go to a beach. It was offered in the tour and he asked us if we wanted to go but we declined. We stopped at a store he recommended instead, my daughter wanted to buy a Bob Marley t-shirt. I would recommend this tour to everyone. He was very knowledgeable about the island and was very accommodating. We had a 20 seater bus all to ourselves (there was 5 of us). He locked our things in the bus at Dunns River Falls and bought our tickets for us, he told us where to go and how to get out at the end by avoiding the Market. This was helpful as they can be very pushy and aggressive in the market. We went River tubing and again he locked our things in the bus. The tubing was a lot of fun and we had my Mother (who is 74) with us and two 17 year old girls and it was enjoyed by all of us. I would highly recommend this tour guide. He was very prompt and knowledgeable and easy going with whatever we wanted to do.

I hope you enjoy your cruise.:)

Archived