Savouries vs canapes

uktog

I see from the website that suites get daily savouries and other rooms afternoon canapes. We will be in a suite and when we are on X we usually get just the same as the CC rooms. Does any one who has been on Azamara know, is it different between staterooms and suites or is it just the same thing described different ways

A

I see from the website that suites get daily savouries and other rooms afternoon canapes. We will be in a suite and when we are on X we usually get just the same as the CC rooms. Does any one who has been on Azamara know, is it different between staterooms and suites or is it just the same thing described different ways

A

We do believe that in essence they are referring to the same thing. The term "savouries" is not in common usage in the US...at least not in the states in which we have resided.

Seems like everyhing that is served on bits of toast, bread, or crackers are referred to as Canapes.

We have been on Celebrity Cruises in Concierge class and have been served "canapes," and have been on Quest and served the same one-bite morsels in a Suite.

Does this help?

Marilyn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi uktog,

We can attest to the fact that our suite and the aft verandah cabins got the same canapes each day, as we discussed them between ourselves, and, frankly, how awful they were. Served at room temperature, I think they were pureeed whatever was leftover in the buffet from lunch. I asked a few times what they were, and I was told one was chicken, but when I ate it, it was definitely fish. Not good.

Brenda

Archived