Westerdam Gym Open On Embarkation Day?

superchief

I've never sailed the Westerdam, but I can tell you of my experience on other HAL ships. It was open for tours/closed for typical work-outs for the first few hours after boarding. :mad:

I found it very aggravating to finish a bit of lunch, cabins not ready yet, and not be able to go in and use the treadmills. The gym area was "reserved" to try and "sell" things, but couldn't be used by paying passengers who weren't spending more $$$.

We board the Westerdam tomorrow. Is the fitness facility open during the afternoon of embarkation? It would be great to get a workout in prior to beginning our feasting. Thanks.

And this isn't your question, but FYI the gym is locked up tight on disembarkation morning. I tried to get one last workout in before leaving the ship in December and had to resort to walking on the promenade deck. However, it was empty except for me, so it wasn't a bad alternative. But the scenery certainly isn't as nice once the ship is back in port!

Archived