Fun Ship Dollars

mirrajay

So is the advantage of a ship board credit, as compared to Fun Ship dollars, that a plain credit can be applied toward anything including gratuities? Is that accurate?

Yes. Once you have OBC (on board credit), it will be applied to anything you charge to your account.

So- since I already have fun ship dollars- can I use them on board for the spa or other goodies?

Yes, anything you charge to your S&S account will first be deducted from your credit balance, then anything further will be charged to your credit card on file. If you don't have a credit card on file, once your cash balance gets close to zero, they will either contact you via phone message in your cabin or note in your cabin that you will need to go to the CS desk to replenish your account.

This is a question for those who have previously used Fun Ship Dollars for their S&S accounts. Did you all still use a CC to activate your account, then go to the Purser's office once onboard to add the certificates to your accounts? I'm trying to figure out exactly how this works. If you do it that way, do they subtract from your certificate balance before they start adding charges to your card, or is the card not needed at all? Thanks again.

You don't HAVE to put a CC on your account. When you're checking in, just tell the person you're planning on putting cash down. Once you board, go to the CS desk and apply the cash to your account. See above as to what happens when your cash runs low. And yes, they will subtract any charges on your account from the credit balance and then if you go past that, they will begin to charge your CC if you placed one on your account. Again, you can tell them CASH from the beginning, and they will then notify you once your cash reserve gets too low for their comfort.

HTH!

I noticed on Carnival's site that you can order fun ship dollars for use onboard (like onboard ship credit).

This seems like a brilliant idea to buy for yourself! Right now, I am putting money in a savings account for my cruise, but have been tempted (and have given into temptation a few times) to take money out of there for other things. So, I could buy Fun Ship Dollars and its basically like putting money on your sign and sail card right?? Is there a catch here? Are there things you cant spend the Fun Ship Dollars on? Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

Carey

Carnival Victory, here I come!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hey there well i have used them many times and there great espically us canadians where the dollar changes from day to day and yes they can be used for anything on the ship we always use them as a onboard credit.

I hope this helped

This is a question for those who have previously used Fun Ship Dollars for their S&S accounts. Did you all still use a CC to activate your account, then go to the Purser's office once onboard to add the certificates to your accounts? I'm trying to figure out exactly how this works. If you do it that way, do they subtract from your certificate balance before they start adding charges to your card, or is the card not needed at all? Thanks again.

No you do not need a credit card to put thme on your account you can use cash for your account and then just add it to your account

You can actually call Carnival and order Sail & Sign credit in $25, $50, $100 or $500 increments. It is just applied directly to your sail & sign acct and can be used for anything at all. 1-800-929-6400.

What if you have to cancel your cruise...would the fun ship dollars that you have credited to your S&S card be returned to you????

Archived