explorer of the seas or norwegian dawn to bermuda

I think I'm going to give NCL a try too as I want to go to Bermuda but 5 days is not long enough for me and EOS is so expensive - Dawn looks like a much better deal. There are lots of excellent reviews on this site.

The answer lies in do you want to enjoy Bermuda or the ship? Dawn is there for 2- 1/2 days & 2 full days. The Explorer is there for 2- 1/2 days. The Explorer is a much better ship. There is so much to do & see on board.

We were on the Dawn last April and thought she was a beauty of a ship. Although I can't compare having not yet cruised on EOS (that will come next Feb). I thought the food was wonderful, loved the fact that we did not have a deadline for going to the dining room, the crew was wonderful.....not one problem.......the ship was very clean and the entertainment was pretty good. I would definetly sail on her again.

But, putting the ships aside, unless one was particularly awful in experience (can that happen? an awful cruise? LOL) I would take more days instead of less..............definetly.

I've been on both...Explorer is a much better ship, better service, food, activities, etc. That being said, if I could go on a 7-day on the Dawn for less than a 5-day on the Explorer I would probably go for it. BUT, also having been to Bermuda, I don't think there's that much to do there so I wouldn't want to spend too many days there. I'm sure Bermuda lovers will disagree with me, but that's JMO. Good luck with your decision! :eek:

I was on The Dawn a few years back and LOVED it! I enjoyed eating freestlye, and thought the ship was beautiful. BUT, I am going on the EOS to Bermuda in June (first time on RCI). I chose the 5 day because I have 3 little ones I'm leaving behind with family and felt that 7 days would be to long, not for me, but my family LOL ;). I am excited about EOS because I've heard so may wonderful things about the ship and all the activities. You have a tough decision to make!

I would take 7 nights over 5 nights every time. Bermuda is probably my favorite cruise destination. I did the five-nighter on VOS a couple of years ago and it just isn't enough time (though it's better than nothing). Sailed on the Dawn last summer and had a terrific time. It's obvious that others disagree, but personally, I've found very little difference between most of the mass market cruise lines I've had the pleasure to sail with. Granted freestyle is not for everyone, but I found it to be a really good fit. Whichever line you choose, hope you have a great time. :)

We've been to Bermuda twice, and the last time was on the Explorer.. LOVED the ship, and wish we'd had more time on it.. Bermuda is small, but a lovely island, and one of our fave places to visit.. Very expensive, if not on a cruise.. I've never been on NCL but we are heading to Nassau at the end of the month on the Gem.. Frankly feeling a little nervous about the ship, and the ports, given the reviews.. Could find nothing wrong with the Explorer though.. Loved the skating rink.. being from Canada, and the semi covered pool for adults.. Can't wait to take the Explorer somewhere else.. I believe that there are 9 day Caribbean ship trips, on it, that stop in Bermuda, but sadly, only for one day.. Leaves from New York/New Jersey I believe..

Have fun whatever you decide... but my money would be on the Explorer!

The Explorer is indeed a great ship (we're sailing her again next Feb.). However, I would choose the Dawn because the Dawn spends more time in Bermuda AND it is substantially cheaper (even with some of RC's hot deals). It is almost a no brainer to me; more time and less money. Now, if the Explorer was in Bermuda longer, then that may be another story.

Archived