Best Travel Insurance?

doris1930

Do ANY cover prexisting conditions? Travelguard was recommended here a few months ago but I found although the prices were much more reasonable then the cruiseline it did not cover prexisting conditons. I have diabetes so if I ever needed that I am almost sure it would be diabetes related.

Seems to me that most cover pre-existing conditions IF you purchase the insurance within the specified number of days of your initial deposit. They call it "waiver of pre-existing conditions". We all have pre-existing conditions to some point.

I think this is done so that should you later develop a medical condition that might impact going on the cruise, you can't hurry up and buy the insurance the next day.

Does anyone know the best travel insurance for someone on Medicare? My husband is on Medicare and I understand that they don't cover him out of the country. So I am looking for the best insurance and a decent rate. I just don't know if $50,000.00 medical coverage is enough or not.

Thanks

Carol

Not having your current medical coverage work outside the States is common for many of us. I picked Travelex for the next trip since their coverage is primary. How much coverage probably depends on your health. I mainly buy the insurance for the emergency medical evacuation, but since we have elderly parents, the cancellation is also considered.

Ok Thanks, I went to Insure my trip and emailed an agent. She suggested Travelex or travelguard so I guess I will take a closer look at those two and compare. I want the evacuation coverage but I also need Medical coverage for my husband.

Thanks again

Carol

Archived