Flight Leaving FLL - how early

jc4me

I am scheduled for a cruise on the Crown Nov 2-9 and have a flight available to leave FLL at 10:40 AM and I wanted to post this before booking that flight. I think that we would be fine with a flight that early, but wanted other opinions. I know that there is always a chance that we could be delayed getting into port and we would have a mess then, but assuming that we get in as scheduled, do those of you who are more experienced, see an issue with leaving at 10:40? Thanks for the input.

Jennifer

I am scheduled for a cruise on the Crown Nov 2-9 and have a flight available to leave FLL at 10:40 AM and I wanted to post this before booking that flight. I think that we would be fine with a flight that early, but wanted other opinions. I know that there is always a chance that we could be delayed getting into port and we would have a mess then, but assuming that we get in as scheduled, do those of you who are more experienced, see an issue with leaving at 10:40? Thanks for the input.

Jennifer

If schedule goes properly, you'll have no problem making that flight. I would however definitely do self debarkation so as to get to the airport before the thousands of others coming off your ship and whatever else is in port that day.

Pia

We are on that same cruise, I think that there are 5 or 6 ships in port that day one of them is the QM2. our last cruise on 10/07 on the CB we prearrainged for transportation back to the airport before we started the cruise. made for a quick and easy trip back to FLL.

You should have no problem if you self disembark and encounter no glitches. One bump in the road and you may be looking for a standby flight.

For us it's just never worth it. We take the later flight, have a more leisurely morning, and get off later.

Our real prefernece is to stay over 1 more day and fly out after the weekend.

JMHO,

Charlie

You could probably make a 10:40 if everything goes right. If you have on board check in available that will make it even better. We had the opposite last month. We had a 3:40 flight so we hung out for a while at the airport. If there is a noon flight or 1:00, that would be better.

We did not get off the ship until 9:00 so 10:40 and having to deal with security would be close.

Archived