Did something terrible happen on the Freedom?

Hotfire

I've been reading John Heald's blog and he said something about a tragedy that occurred that he did not relay to the passengers. Something about thousands of people having the time of their lives, but for one family their lives will never be the same.

He also said he was joking with this person on Sunday and on Wednesday they were gone.

We sail on Freedom in 5 days (3/22).

Anybody have the straight story?

Hotfire

I haven't heard anything about it, but, people die on board cruise ships all the time. Heart attacks or other sudden illnesses can strike any time, any place. A large cruise ship is a small town, with 3,000 passengers. Statistically, deaths on board are a virtual certainty.

I imagine that, if someone in my family died while we were on a cruise, it would be a life-changing event and my life "would never be the same".

This is why, from what I've heard, that cruise ships carry a coffin or two and have morgue-style refrigeration equipment. Like the brig, this isn't advertised, but its there, in case its needed. And it is needed more often than we might like to think.

The word around the ship was that she had been sick for a couple of days. She allegedly passed out in the shower and her heart stopped. After that she was flown out. No one knew what was wrong with her. I am sure an autopsy will have to be performed to know the cause of death. I know this much because I was talking with a lady whose son had been hanging out with the girl's brother that week.

What a horrible way to lose a child. While on holiday.

I would think it would be horrible for any parent at any age. I couldn't even fathom having to bury one of my children.

So sad regardless of the age, but it's especially bad when it's a child. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Jessemon, are you serious? That's heartbreaking too. And her poor boyfriend living with that guilt for the rest of his life.

I read about that too, she still has not been found as far as I know.

Jessemon, are you serious? That's heartbreaking too. And her poor boyfriend living with that guilt for the rest of his life.

The girl who jumped did a very stupid thing. I don't see why he would live with guilt because she was mad at him. (???)

[/b][/color][/size]

I read about that too, she still has not been found as far as I know.

They announced that the search was called off two days later. She will never be found, unfortunately. Personally, I thought it was a pretty bone headed thing to do, so she gets what she gets. Who the heck jumps off a cruise ship and thinks they are going to make a point that way?:confused:

Archived