How is the Holiday Inn San Pedro?

vossjemi

Thanks, but we won't be renting a car. We have scheduled a private shuttle. My dh doesn't want to drive in LA.

Can you tell me more about the shuttle you are using from LAX to San Pedro?

Thanks!!

Last month we used Super Shuttle from LAX to San Pedro and were very pleased with them. You should probably book them online and in another thread on this board you will find a discount code that someone has kindly posted.

I booked with Super Shuttle, but not a shared ride. I specifically scheduled an exclusive van for our family only. It wasn't that much more. I think shared ride was $68, and exclusive was $84. We didn't book online because had 3 legs to our trip...LAX - San Pedro; San Pedro terminal - Disneyland; Disneyland - LAX. My price for all 3 legs was $84 + $113 + $107 = $304 total, but she gave me a $5 discount on last leg since I was booking all 3 legs with them. So, my total was $299 for an exclusive van. HTH.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone stay here recently? I just got 2 bad reviews over on the disboards, but they were for stays in 05. I'm hoping its better now.

We just got back from San Pedro. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza (C.P.). It was a great hotel! After cruise, on the shuttle back to the airport, we had a lady from San Pedro riding with us. I asked her about the holiday inn. She said it's not as nice as C.P. or doubletree but is nice for what you pay (1/2 price of C.P. or DT). However, she said she wouldn't stay there if she was like us, with family, because it's not in a very nice area. We drove by it, it looked fine, but she said it was a really rough neighborhood. I think if you are just checking in that evening and don't want to go sight seeing in S.P. it would be fine. We stayed two days and did some sightseeing and wanted to be in an area where we could walk to things if we wanted to. C.P. was the ideal location for this. I wouldn't have stayed at holiday inn. So, I think you need to think about what you'll be doing and who you are traveling with and decide. Hope this helps. PM me if you have any other questions!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived