Book snorkel excursion on shore?

JoshGrrrr

My family and I would like to snorkel while in Cozumel. We'd prefer to use someone on shore. I seen no reason to pay double for the same excursion through Carnival. There will only be 3 ships in port that day so it won't be too crowded. Any popular names we should look for? Any reviews, warnings or suggestions?

My family and I would like to snorkel while in Cozumel. We'd prefer to use someone on shore. I seen no reason to pay double for the same excursion through Carnival. There will only be 3 ships in port that day so it won't be too crowded. Any popular names we should look for? Any reviews, warnings or suggestions?

Devil Ray and Mystic Snorkeling both have a good rep for boat trips. The only reef snorkel that we have done was at Playa Palancar. It was a nice laidback beach day with a side trip to Palancar Reef for about $30. There were only 8 people on the boat.

Devil Ray and Mystic Snorkeling both have a good rep for boat trips.

secret.gif I think you mean Eagle Ray divers for the snorkel trip.

For do it yourself shore snorkeling, Chankanaab Park, Playa Uvas, or Dzul Ha/Money Bar would be your best choices.

secret.gif I think you mean Eagle Ray divers for the snorkel trip.

For do it yourself shore snorkeling, Chankanaab Park, Playa Uvas, or Dzul Ha/Money Bar would be your best choices.

You're right Bruce. Where in the heck did I get Devil Ray?:o Must be another port.

You're right Bruce. Where in the heck did I get Devil Ray?:o Must be another port.

Hey Bruce, I figured it out all by myself. I'm on daylight savings time. You know what that means? Baseball!! Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

It's all coming back to me now.:rolleyes:

We'll be in Cozumel in April and there will be 9 ships in port so we're thinking of making a reservation at Natchi Cocom. Can anyone give me prices on the food? I see they have an all day pass with drinks for $27 and you pay for food, or do you think the $50 charge through Island Marketing is the better buy (per person). TIA

Josh - where did you read negative reviews of Uvas? All the reviews on tripadvisor for it (http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150809-d633933-r14069258-Playa_Uvas-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html#TOPC) were raving about how good it was - other than the rocky beach.

I reserved seperately for it - but I don't want to go if it's not going to be fun!

I read the negative reviews on these boards. It seems like older people give it good reviews, and people my age (20's) tend to give it not so good reviews.

There is a thread about Uvas in the Cozumel sub forum.

We will be in cozumel April 15th.

You can go to cruisecal.com and see what ships will be in port the same day as you. You can then visit the roll call threads for that particular sailing to try to find people to go on that excursion with you.

Snorkeling in Cozumel from shore may not provide you with the most valuable insight into Cozumel's real attractions...due to hurricane damage, snorkeling of deeper reefs, coral gardens and drop offs are recommended. There are many boat snorkel tours available in Cozumel, we prefer the snorkel from a glass bottom boat, so we see where we snorkel and our entire family gets something...just google something like "glass bottom boat snorkel tour in cozumel" and check for options, hope this helps, good luck!

Archived