Happy hour bars on Grand??

39august

When I was on Golden last December, I believe there was one bar that had a martini "happy hour" with half-price martinis. Does anyone know if the Grand or other Grand class ships are currently offering this? How about any other drink specials? Really looking forward to my Dec. 11 Grand cruise!

Hey, 39august, what the heck are you doing here?? You should be over on our roll call thread!
[url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=50047"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=50047[/url]

We have a real great group there and we're all sailing on the Grand Dec. 11. We've planned a get-together after we're onboard. And some of us are even going to try and get together the night before in Galveston. Are you staying there somewhere the night before we go?? Anyway, come on over and join us! We love new people!

Regarding your question, I don't know about the happy hour part. I did read about all the great martinis and am looking forward to trying some. There are people over on our thread who have been on the Grand before and could probably answer your question. Hope to see you there!

Hey.....Lindnet is quite right....You need to join us on the roll call board. I am very happy is see a fellow Okie on board Dec. 11. Seems like be might be overrun with Texans! Actually, as a former Texan, I can't wait to meet everyone.

We didn't notice any certain happy hour on the Grand, but they did sell drink-of-the-day stickers that got you the drink of the day at a reduced price.Everyday there were different drinks that were specials of the day.They put a sticker on your ship card that verified you paid for it and you also got a souvenier glass with the original purchase.

As Jackie said there really isn't a happy hour but they do have a daily martini special that is available at several of the bars. I know Explorers Lounge had them and I think both of the lobby bars did also.

I wish they did a real Happy Hour each day.

Scott

I pulled the Princess Patters from our Western Caribbean Grand trip in March. On boarding day (Sunday) they explain the "Crooners & Bond Martinis"

"Entertain your friends with your very own selection of Martini glasses. Purchase a blue-stem glass with our Martini of the Day for only $8 or a Z-stem glass with our Martini of the Day for only $10 (yours to keep). Glass can be purchased on its own for $6.50. Martini of the Day - Cosmopolitini"

Monday - Martini of the Day - Lemon Tini. Available at Skywalker, Lobby, Wheelhouse, Explorers and Promenade Bars. No special price listed.

Tuesday - Martini of the Day - Apple Tini. Same bars, no special price listed.

Wednesday - Martini of the Day - Ole Blue Eyes. Same bars, no special price listed.

Thursday - Martini of the Day - License to Fill. (Beefeater, Triple Sec, and Blue Curacao) Same bars, same deal.

Friday - Martini of the Day - Fuzzy Tini (Smirnoff, peach schnapps, OJ). Same bars, same deal.

Saturday - Martini Moment HAPPY HOUR! Wheelhouse Bar - 5 to 6:30 pm only. "Come in and ask our bartenders to shake or stir any martini from our Blue Bar menu for only $3.95. Martini of the Day in Z or blue stem glasses will also be offered at reduced princes. Martini of the Day - Emerald Martini"

Looks like Saturday was the only Martini Happy Hour. And BTW - the drink special sticker only applies to "Hurricane (shudder) Drinks"

"Purchase a Princess Cruises Souvenir Hurricane and get a specially reduced priced drink of the day. Simply present your glass or sticker daily at any bar and you can have a refill of our daily Hurricane special drink of the day for only $3.25." Keep in mind that that is a SMALL drink of the day for $3.25. If you don't supply your glass and they bring you a larger drink it will be $4.25 for the refill (considered a 2 shot drink of the day refill). Also, the glass with virgin drink/sticker was $4 and the virgin refills were $2.

Hurricane DOD were -

Sunday - Rum Punch (Mocktail - Pineapple Delight)
Monday - Pina Colada (Mocktail - Virgin Pina Colada)
Tuesday - Margarita (Mocktail - Stralada - coconut with strawberry and pineapple juice)
Wednesday - Tequila Sunrise (Mocktail - Tropical Delight - Pineapple and orange juices with sweet 'n sour and grenadine)
Thursday - Emerald Isle (it was St. Patricks Day) - (Mocktail - Caribbean Cooler - pineapple juice, sweet n' sour, and Sprite)
Friday - CHOCOLATE BANANA! (whoot) - (Mocktail - Cranberry Quencher)
Saturday - Strawberry Daiquiri (Mocktail - Tropical Refresher - OJ, pineapple juice, and cranberry juice)

Hope this helps!

TinaLee

• 1 month later...

Archived