Cooking tours in Mexico

cruzr4vr

Letty, I did the City Tour and Cooking Class excursion with Princess 2 yrs ago while in PV. I really enjoyed it, but it depends on what your expectations are. We were a small group of 10, and so had a passenger van and a very nice, well-spoken guide. He showed us many parts of PV that the larger buses could not get to, due to the narrow streets. We had about 1/2 hr in central downtown PV to visit the cathedral and take photos. In addition to that, he did make several other stops for photo ops. I cannot remember the name of the restaurant where we did the cooking class portion of the tour, but it was very nice. It was open-air and had the feel of a Mexican village, with some shops, a few trees and other decorative foliage. Since I was a single (hubby went on another tour), I prepared my food on my own, whereas the others did their's as couples. We made fresh salsa, avocado dip and guacamole, as well as mini tostadas. We then went to the grill area to make tortillas and get our main entree. These were enchiladas, but they were prepared for us, we didn't cook them, but we were given the recipes for all the dishes. The food was very good, and the tour price included either a soft drink, margarita or beer. We had time after the meal to shop a bit and then our guide took us back toward the ship. As we were leaving the restaurant, a large motorcoach was pulling up and unloading a very large group for the cooking class. I was so glad we had a small group. I would not have enjoyed it in a group of 40. Our driver made a stop at a mercado on the way back for those who wanted to shop.

Hope this helps with your decision.

I've been trying to search here for a couple weeks (bah, humbug) because I'm interested in cooking as well--but we're not going to be in PV--we'll be in Acapulco, Cabo san Lucas, Huatalco & Puerto Chiapas. I'm sort of hoping I could find a cooking class in ACA or Cabo, no such luck yet....Anyone??:p

Archived