Glory Cat 11 Bath Question...

moonmom

Can anyone who has travelled in a Cat 11 cabin on Glory tell me if the height of the side of the bathtub is similar to a standard bathtub at home? I am traveling with my mom, who had mobility issues.

When I called Carnival's Guest Access department yesterday the agent told me the side of the tub was 25" high:eek: That would be tough for me to step into! When I called back today she said they do not have the measurement and that is is similar to tubs at home:confused:

Thanks for your help!

jane

Can anyone who has travelled in a Cat 11 cabin on Glory tell me if the height of the side of the bathtub is similar to a standard bathtub at home? I am traveling with my mom, who had mobility issues.

When I called Carnival's Guest Access department yesterday the agent told me the side of the tub was 25" high:eek: That would be tough for me to step into! When I called back today she said they do not have the measurement and that is is similar to tubs at home:confused:

Thanks for your help!

jane

Can't give you an exact measurement, but they ARE slightly higher than a normal tub and do require a little more to step up into. I banged a couple of toes last fall as I did not lift my foot high enough to step out. Hope that helps.

They are a little higher, but the thing that gets me is how narrow they are. We never used it as a tub, just a shower, but you have to stand with your feet pretty close together.

We agree with both the comments above. We would like to add that if someone already has difficulty getting in & out of the tub at home that this would be much worse. It's nice once you settle in the tub but it is heck to get back out. It does have hand grips though.

thanks for all of your comments....i am a little worried about it for her....i did request a shower seat and now i understand why she said it probably wouldn't fit because of the width...oh my ...this will be interesting!

I agree with the comments above. I remember losing my footing once or twice and banging a knee on the edge of the sliding door or stubbing my toe on the door track.

Question: Do they have any disabled access Cat 11's? They might have more features in the bathroom to help your mom feel more comfortable with showering. I hope it works out!

It'll hold two, you just have to be careful!!;)

LOL...I don't plan on bathing her! :eek:

Cruisetrio: There is 1 on the ship...and its not available...and its a "modified" cabin...still has the tub...but thanks for the suggestion...

She was able to use the tub in a Grand Suite on Voyager and the one in a suite on Crown Princess...so we're hoping it will be a similar situation...

I would have booked a regular cabin with a shower but we do need the extra space for the scooter..and my sanity!;)

Thanks everyone...

jane

Archived