Anchorage advice needed

UF G8R

I cant thank all you AK residents and experienced travelers enough for all of the help I have gotten on this board. Need a little more advice.

We arrive in Anchorage the evening of May 31 and have all day Sunday June 1 to enjoy the city. We are staying at the Fairfield which (I think) is in midtown. I want to go to the ULU factory store, which is open from 11-5 and the market which is open from 10-6. Will be leaving on the train to Whittier early in the morning on June 2. It would cost about 125$ to rent a car for 24 hours.

What should I add to my plan for the day?

Should I rent a car? Use taxis? Or change my hotel?

You are at the other end of town for your priorities. IF you don't rent a car, then I would change to a downtown hotel, that you can walk to your list.

Going back and forth just once via cab will run you $50+++ Very limited area.

Have you looked at all the vendors for rental cars??? Alamo, Payless, Thrifty, Dollar??

Public transportation in Anchorage is not great and is worse on Sundays. Just don't figure on using it. Sad to say, but you either need a good location or a car.

If you have a car I would drive out to Potter Marsh and get a nice look around Turnagain Arm. Easy to find and easy driving.

Archived