Giant bottle of wine

Okay, I'll admit it--I'm a rule follower. Plus, I'll be traveling with my son so I have to set an example of honesty. Still, being a limit pusher, how do you think RCI would take me bringing a really, really big bottle of wine? Or (dare I say it?) a box? Would the corkage fee be the same as for a small bottle of wine? Thanks for any advice.

tasha

Okay, I'll admit it--I'm a rule follower. Plus, I'll be traveling with my son so I have to set an example of honesty. Still, being a limit pusher, how do you think RCI would take me bringing a really, really big bottle of wine? Or (dare I say it?) a box? Would the corkage fee be the same as for a small bottle of wine? Thanks for any advice.

tasha

RCI wouldn't be happy with you at all as they don't allow you to bring any alcohol, including wine onboard. They won't let you do it even with a corkage fee. Sooooooooooooooooooooo, if you are setting a good example of honesty, leave your wine, small, huge or whatever size at home.

Enjoy your cruise by buying the wine they sell onboard.

RCI wouldn't be happy with you at all as they don't allow you to bring any alcohol, including wine onboard. They won't let you do it even with a corkage fee. Sooooooooooooooooooooo, if you are setting a good example of honesty, leave your wine, small, huge or whatever size at home.

Enjoy your cruise by buying the wine they sell onboard.

Really? There goes a great money saving plan. :( I worked for RCI 2 years ago, and you used to be able to bring up to 2 bottles of a wine they don't carry if you paid a $12 corkage fee per bottle.

Really? There goes a great money saving plan. :( I worked for RCI 2 years ago, and you used to be able to bring up to 2 bottles of a wine they don't carry if you paid a $12 corkage fee per bottle.

Unfortunately, those days are long gone.:(

tasha

We took 2 of the huge bottles of champagne ...but it was on Carnival and they didnt bat an eye. We sure enjoyed it at sailaway:)

No corkage - buy your wine on board. The no corkage is not a policy that makes me very happy. It makes 'smuggling' a non-issue - if I can't take it to the dining room I am not packing wine to bring onboard, I do not like paying the inflated prices for wine on board. But we know the rules - and make the best of them.

I'm really unhappy about the new no corkage fee policy. I wouldn't really have brought a box, but those large bottles (like Twisted Zin) at Costco would have fit the bill. Maybe I can find a friend at the call center to order me some Gifts and Gear wine. We used to get a huge discount, but I remember them talking about changing that perk . . . they probably did by now. I just want to be able to have wine with dinner and a tropical drink or two without breaking the bank.

Archived