Latitudes question

pghsteeler1

On the Majesty last month the future cruise consultant dude said that they are changing Latitudes to be a count of days sailed, not cruises, so you're a-ok either way.

Look at it this way:

Bob has gone on five one night "cruises to nowhere"

Phil has gone on one 14-day reposistioning cruise

Under the current program, Bob would be Silver Latitudes status, while Phil would be bronze.

Under the new program, Bob has cruises only fifve days, Phil has cruised 14, so Phil is 9 "points" ahead of Bob.

Clear as mud?

On the Majesty last month the future cruise consultant dude said that they are changing Latitudes to be a count of days sailed, not cruises, so you're a-ok either way.

Look at it this way:

Under the current program, Bob would be Silver Latitudes status, while Phil would be bronze.

Under the new program, Bob has cruises only fifve days, Phil has cruised 14, so Phil is 9 "points" ahead of Bob.

Clear as mud?

That sounds good. We'll check it out on our next NCL cruise. But, the web site is still listing the completed cruise formula. Here's the link.

Charlie

You will get credit for two cruises. If these are your first two cruises, be sure you remind the Port and Cruise Consultant on board at the start of your second cruise that you were on the previous voyage, so you get the proper benefits...

Look at it this way:

Clear as mud?

Very Clear:)

I've been saying this forever!!!

"FINALLY"...did they get this right??...Didn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out...DUH:eek:

Now, if they would go back and look at $$ spent per cruise..they would MAYBE have it right!

Latitudes status should be based on $$ spent...not amount of sailings!!!

We can't cruise often...but when we do, we spend lot of $$'s!

We just completed a 14 day back to back from Miami, and got credit for two cruises. One nine day and one five day. This was our ninth & tenth NCL cruises. We started as Latitude Silver for the nine day segment, but the five day segment pushed us into gold level. We got all the perks for Latitude Gold on the second segment of the cruise.

I think Mac was saying that he was told that they "are revising" the program. On NCL's web site it's still based on number of cruises.

Charlie

You are correct, sir.

Like I said the P&C consultant on the Majesty said "they are changing it." This was on the 2/16/08 Majesty sailing.

NCL is playing catch-up with Princess who've added the number of days cruised into the mix. As I understand it it'll be similar (The same?) as the Princesses deal where which ever benefits you more, the days sailed or the number of cruises will count.

So if "Bob" has gone on five one night cruises and "Phil" one 50 night cruise they both move up to Silver Latitudes.

Basing it on how much you spend.... naw. Garden Villa customers would love it, but interior sloths would get the short end.

Former interior sloth, Blye

PS I wish NCL would add more "goodies" into the program. On Princess free Internet packages comes in at sailing six / 51st day and if you get to 150 days or 16th sailing free drycleaning!!!! Actually very nice rewards.

.... but interior sloths would get the short end.

Former interior sloth, Blye

PS I wish NCL would add more "goodies" into the program. On Princess free Internet packages comes in at sailing six / 51st day and if you get to 150 days or 16th sailing free drycleaning!!!! Actually very nice rewards.

Hey, I resemble that remark:D

The Princess drycleaning perk is the one that I would like. Then we could just retire to a cruise ship and not worry about laundry.

Charlie

Hey, I resemble that remark:D

The Princess dry cleaning perk is the one that I would like. Then we could just retire to a cruise ship and not worry about laundry.

Charlie

LOL!

I only have 5 cruises on Princess and 3 on NCL but that dry cleaning thing really got my fancy.

I tend to be a 'flake" line wise and still book with the best itinerary/price/category. Last year we sailed Princess x 2, RCL & NCL.

Have Princess and NCL booked for upcoming (Love the freestyle/anytime option)

LOL!

I only have 5 cruises on Princess and 3 on NCL but that dry cleaning thing really got my fancy.

I tend to be a 'flake" line wise and still book with the best itinerary/price/category. Last year we sailed Princess x 2, RCL & NCL.

Have Princess and NCL booked for upcoming (Love the freestyle/anytime option)

We're in the "flake" category too, then. 4 Celebrity, 4 Carnival, 2 Princess, 2 RCCL and 9 NCL. Price & Itinerary guide us in our selections. And, we've just never had a bad cruise.

Charlie

So would they change current status or would a current Gold member be grandfathered in? It would be like being demoted:(

Unfortunately, I do not agree with how much money you spend. It's all about loyalty.

So would they change current status or would a current Gold member be grandfathered in? It would be like being demoted:(

Unfortunately, I do not agree with how much money you spend. It's all about loyalty.

While anything might happen, I would be very surprised if NCL or any company came out with a loyalty program that downgraded current elite members.

Charlie

hi: 48+ days cruising on n.c.l. still not platinum. you take 14-one-nighter your platinum. it about time n.c.l. rewards frequent travel that support n.c.l. a new program with/ various tiers.we book 2 cruises coming up, 08,09. may be we will be platinum? take care and keep on cruising.:)

Very Clear:)

I've been saying this forever!!!

"FINALLY"...did they get this right??...Didn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out...DUH:eek:

Now, if they would go back and look at $$ spent per cruise..they would MAYBE have it right!

Latitudes status should be based on $$ spent...not amount of sailings!!!

We can't cruise often...but when we do, we spend lot of $$'s!

Well, as my dear departed mother used to say, "ladidamda". I think the sailings should count; not the amount of $$ you spend buying "stuff" at the gift shops, wine shops, whatever...

My first NCL cruise was a B2B, in 2001. I have sailed 3 times since...

I recently booked another NCL for January, 2009..

I called NCL to check on what level I was..They said that my original B2B only counted as One cruise.

Who do I need to talk to to correct this?

Thanks

My first NCL cruise was a B2B, in 2001. I have sailed 3 times since...

I recently booked another NCL for January, 2009..

I called NCL to check on what level I was..They said that my original B2B only counted as One cruise.

Who do I need to talk to to correct this?

Thanks

If you booked as one cruise (one booking number) nothing to correct as it counts as one cruise under the current rules. If the new program goes to days onboard the issue will be self corrected.

Well, as my dear departed mother used to say, "ladidamda". I think the sailings should count; not the amount of $$ you spend buying "stuff" at the gift shops, wine shops, whatever...

I understand your point, however I think you might find it difficult to convince the cruise line that when redesigning their program somebody paying $1000 per cabin for 5 cruises is worth more to them than somebody paying $15,000 - $25,000 for one cruise, which happens on pretty much every NCL sailing!

Archived