How can I participate on its MS Eurodam naming ceremony

Gerd

Dear all,

In the past I have read some talks about its MS Eurodam naming ceremony at Rotterdam.

Today, my dear Spouse and I would go to taka part of it.

We are not sailing on here on that day, but could you please remember me, how and what I should do to be close-by.

And because my honey is a Netherlands citizen, it is a good occasion to see here Queen better than on pictures.

Manny thanks to all of you

Happy Easter to everybody

Happy cruising

Anna and Gerd

Our marvelous cruises :

MS Ryndam – Wayfarer – March 1997

MS Noordam - Transatlantic Island Hook - April 2001

MS Volendam - Southern Caribbean - April 2002

MS Volendam - Westfarer Caribbean - April 2004

MS Prinsendam - Windmills & Waterford – September 2004

MS Westerdam - Western Caribbean - April 2005

MS Statendam - Hawaii Circle - September 2005

MS Rotterdam - Vikings and Czars – July 2006

MS Veendam - Southern Caribbean – March 2007

106 days - 29'683 Nm

Future Cruise :

=>> MS Volendam, April 1st 2008

event.png

All I know is that those of us who are already booked have to pay $100 additional per-person to attend the christening the day prior to departure.

The ceremony is to last @ 2 hours, we won't be allowed on the ship, and its doubtful that we'll get anything other than a glass of champagne...

http://www.eurodamnews.com/2008/03/20/latest-details-on-the-dedication-ceremony/

Gerd: if you used a travel agent contact them to book the christening ceremony. If you booked directly with HAL, contact them to book the ceremony.

We used a travel agent who booked it for us.

If I understand you correctly, you say you are not sailing on Eurodam's Prelude Cruise which departs the day after the Dedication. If that is so, I think the only way you could attend the Dedication is to get yourself on an Invitation List somehow. I'm sure there will be dignitaries, press, local TA's, friends of HAL who will be present in addition to those of us who are booked to sail the Prelude and Maiden Voyages.

Let us know if you find a way. Good luck.

If I understand it right, it looks like the dedication this time isnot that open to all Mariners like it was at the Oosterdam, but more to just some VIP-invitees and also Eurodam Prelude passengers who want to buy the "dedication-package").

But..you never know.

You can contact HAL in Rotterdam and ask them.

Either by e-mail using "e-mail Uw vragen" through this link:

http://www.hollandamerica.nl/

Or by mail to:

HAL

Postbus 23378

3001 KJ Rotterdam

The Netherlands

Apart from that, if you would go to the Hotel New York (Former HAL headoffice) on Wilhelminakde or at the opposite side of the river at Veerhaven, you will see Eurodam and of the activities, apart from the real dedication. Lots of people are expected in Rotterdam to do this.

I think that's fabulous and I'm really happy to hear it.

Will you be going, "ManBehind"?

YES! I finish my contract end of June so I'll be home just in time.

This will be my 4th inauguration (ZUDM,OSDM,NODM), but the first time as a guest (the other times I was working....although you couldn't REALLY call it that ;) ).

That's great, "ManBehind". Hope you have a wonderful time. Noordam's Dedication certainly was FABULOUS!! We sure enjoyed it. :) ;) We are booked to be at Eurodam's, as well, and to sail the Prelude and Maiden Voyages.

For Noordam, there were invitations issued for various Dedication/Inaugural Activities and dress was suggested in each of those invitations, as well as other pertinent information.

For Eurodam, with people buying tickets to attend, it is quite different. And seeing as the Queen is present, that makes some difference. I still know I feel suits are appropriate for DH and me. Everyone will decide for themselves.

Dear all,

My TA and other help confirmed me that only paid access to the ceremony is given for Cruiser.:mad:

So we saddle the horse by the other way, and we just booked "Hotel New York" at Rotterdam. And because this is just on the so called "Holland Amerika Arkade", by this, I will all of you see/watch from a higher level at the pier front side….:D

Unhappy that we could not go on this inaugural cruise

Happy Sailing

Anna and Gerd

Our marvelous cruises :

MS Ryndam – Wayfarer – March 1997

MS Noordam - Transatlantic Island Hook - April 2001

MS Volendam - Southern Caribbean - April 2002

MS Volendam - Westfarer Caribbean - April 2004

MS Prinsendam - Windmills & Waterford – September 2004

MS Westerdam - Western Caribbean - April 2005

MS Statendam - Hawaii Circle - September 2005

MS Rotterdam - Vikings and Czars – July 2006

MS Veendam - Southern Caribbean – March 2007

106 days - 29'683 Nm

Future Cruise :

=>> MS Volendam, April 1st 2008

event.png

Although, sorry to say, I won't be on this inaugural cruise, my strongest bet is that there will be no dress code controversy for the naming and dedication. Everyone who is willing to pay for this ceremony is going to dress appropriately. I'm sure of it! :D

YES! I finish my contract end of June so I'll be home just in time.

This will be my 4th inauguration (ZUDM,OSDM,NODM), but the first time as a guest (the other times I was working....although you couldn't REALLY call it that ;) ).

Buy you a Heineken at Hotel New York after the ceremony - Too bad Rotterdam V couldn't have been there - would have been a great backdrop!

Archived