I need some advice...

PictureMom

I asked this question on the Cozumel board, but have not gotten any answers. I hoping more people on the Carnival board may have been to Cozumel before and can give me some advice.

My husband and I love Mexican food...especially enchiladas. For those of you that have been to Cozumel before, where is the best place to eat Mexican food? We really want to try real authentic Mexican food. We don't HAVE to have enchiladas, but where would you recommend we go to get really good Mexican food?If they happened to have enchiladas then that would be a bonus! There's so many choices and we only are there for one day!

Please help!!!:)

I asked this question on the Cozumel board, but have not gotten any answers. I hoping more people on the Carnival board may have been to Cozumel before and can give me some advice.

My husband and I love Mexican food...especially enchiladas. For those of you that have been to Cozumel before, where is the best place to eat Mexican food? We really want to try real authentic Mexican food. We don't HAVE to have enchiladas, but where would you recommend we go to get really good Mexican food?If they happened to have enchiladas then that would be a bonus! There's so many choices and we only are there for one day!

Pancho's backyard is pretty good.

http://www.loscincosoles.com/panchosbackyard/home.htm

Our personal favorite is Pancho's Backyard in Los Cinco Soles. Whether it is authentic would be subjective since it is a restaurant that caters to the tourist trade. The food is good and not outrageously priced. The margaritas are superb. There is usually a marimba trio playing during lunch. It has been our destination in Cozumel for the last 5 or so trips. We've never been dissapointed.

Click Here for a link to their web page. There are menues there also.

Charlie

Picture mom..I have lunch with a pal o mine in Coz every cruise..We go to "the local" places.. I will ask him(called this a.m., but he was not home)..I'll get the name and addy for u..I just follow Mighty Max, thru the crowd to the back streets..the cool one has broken Talavera pottery embedded in the walls. It is a short walk from mid main drag..there is also a cool bakery..Alpen, or Alpine..e'thing was a buck sammies, and sweets..good stuff..as if we need more sweets!

My DS and I were there a few years ago and had Wonderful food in the place that is to your right as you walk onto land from the pier. It is overlooking the water, and may be Panchos actually but I have no idea what the name was. We were there late afternoon, not many people, but the food was great and we had a table (outside) right on the water.

We went to Cozumel in January, and had a blast. We took a taxi and went to Coconuts Bar. Its on a hill, in the middle of nowhere...lol The views of the ocean are gorgeous. The food is excellent, and the drinks to die for. The people are very friendly.

Go back 4-5 streets from the water and ask the first person you see that doesn't speak english where to eat. It will be cheap and so go. I have no idea the name of some of the places we have eaten, but I have never had a bad meal in Cozumel and I have never been sick.

If you turn at Pizza hut and go back a few blocks, there is a local bakery on the left. Must be seen to be believed. If you can eat anything there, you will have no problem eating anywhere in Cozumel. We had breakfast from there most mornings. They do not speak engish so it might be a good place to ask where to eat.

Hi, chatted w/ Max last night..La Choza, on 10th, the dishes in the walls..and La Mission..both on 10th avenidas. back off the main drag are the mom n pop restaurants..have been there alone also, and never felt a threat..some shops there also..so no high rent to pay! hope this helps..lucky

Like others have said....start at the main square, there are quite a few restaurants with outside seating.....really good food and not expensive. Or just keep walking through town, away from the ocean to get good, authentic Mexican food.

I'm a female and have walked quite a way from the tourist area alone and never felt unsafe in any way.

... For those of you that have been to Cozumel before, where is the best place to eat Mexican food? We really want to try real authentic Mexican food. ...

My husband and I went to Playa del Carmen, Cancun, & Cozumel in 2001. We are going back this April via the Conquest & we both can't WAIT to visit Palapa Hemingway again.

Just take the ferry over from Cozumel to Playa del Carmen - its on 5th ave. They have the BEST salsa and all the food is excellent. Plus - its REAL Mexican food.

This site has a little info on it: Palapa Hemingway

Enjoy!

Archived