Docs Arrived Yesterday...Good News?!!

Cactuscruise

I booked an 8A Gaurantee on the Legend, the docs arrived yesterday (29 days out from sail date. Nice surprise after a long hard day at work. Still no room assignment, luggage tags are "Grey TBA." So the I think the only thing new about the new policy is that Carnival has started to assign cabins earlier. It doesn't mean every cabin will be assigned 6-8 weeks before sailing. I've been unable to access the BookModify webpage for about a month now so I give up. There's no number after the booking number on the front or back of any of the docs but under "Embark" it says

"Skipper's Club - VIP Check In." I'm starting to dream...but I won't know until I get to the pier. Can't wait!!!!

We booked at Cat 11 on the Conquest 10/3. On the front of our dockets in has our cabin # and Skippers Club-VIP check in. Usually only Cat 11 and 12 get to use the Skippers Club-so it's looking good your dream just might come true.

Did you look on the back of your boarding pass?

THe number is located on the back page of the sign and sail page. It starts with a booking number and has the cabin number in there- sometimes. Other times you will see the letters GTEE.

The number is there. Its the only page that will have it. Please check and let us know.

The modify pages dont work through the site. You have to go to the site and minimize it then come back here and click on the words. It does work.

Well we have our docs for Nov 1st sailing on Spirit out of San Diego and it looks like our Guaranteed 8a went to an 8h on the promenade deck room 8101 - with the bridge to the left of us that is if i am right that the next 4 digits after the booking number are the room number.

Shadow: yes thats all normal. When you are pluggin in numbers you will get a invalid message. But when you are lug in the cabin number that is on your sign and sail card you should get a different message- (is the message in red and if you scroll down is your names there?

when you are looking at the modify pages are you going all the way in or just clicking on the state room that is listed ont eh right of the page?

(when I click on the state room i will get a quarantee 6A still even though my cabin is set.

too see your cabin number are you using a link

http://www.carnival.com/BookModify.aspx

use this site and follow the directions- click on this link http://www.carnival.com and click on your reservation- put in your password then once its up minimize the screen. This should page should still be here. click on this link http://www.carnival.com/BookModify.aspx

scroll all the way down on that screen and you will see your booking information (look for stateroom details on that page.

It should work and should not give you an error message. Let me know.

Serene

I can get into the book modify page - the stateroom details are pasted below:

Stateroom Details

Sail Date November 1, 2004

Number Of Guests 2

Airfare From (none) edit

Promo Code PSE

Category 8A edit

Deck To Be Assigned

Cabin Number Guar edit

If I click on the edit button next to Category and Number I get the error page.

well so much for carnival setting cabins 7 weeks before your cruise.

If you are getting that error message thats your cabin. (put in a =nother cabin number and see what message you get. (thats the one you will always see when you are putting int he wrong number) the right number directs you to call the number.

we're booked on the 12/21 Legend cruise and just for fun, tried the "method" and when I was putting in the wrong cabin assignment, I got the "Invalid cabin" message, then I tried another cabin and got the "We are sorry" msg. What is interesting is that the cabin number that shows up for the "we are sorry" message is directly across the hall from our cabin... if that holds true... we went from a inside gty to a 4D cabin... now I wonder where the other gty is!!!

I can tell you, Linda that by doing that method I was changed 4 times. 3 of those 4 times I was really excited about my cabin assingment. By the time carnival set me in a cabin permanently..I wasnt upgraded at all. I think that dissappointed me the most.

I booked an IS (inside gaurantee) on the Miracle and tried book/modify just to see what I'd see. (I'm still almost a year away from the cruise so there is no chance the rooms would be assigned. I was just looking.)

On that page it says:

Category 4A

Deck To be Assigned

Cabin Number Guar

Should the category really say 4A, or should it say IS? 4A is the lowest cabin you could be assigned inder IS, so maybe that's why it says 4A.

Frankly, I'm not that worried about it. It wouldn't bother me to be in 4A if that's all we get.

it states a 4a becuase that is the lowest that you can get. (there is still a 1a) did you get all the way into the modify booking (like saw your price and stuff??

Yup. So I must have been on the right page.

Of course, I won't remember how to do it when the time comes and I'll have to look up your posts on the subject again.:rolleyes:

Thanks Serene. You seem to the book/modify expert on these boards.

I can tell you, Linda that by doing that method I was changed 4 times. 3 of those 4 times I was really excited about my cabin assingment. By the time carnival set me in a cabin permanently..I wasnt upgraded at all. I think that dissappointed me the most.

I dont' think Carnival is going to move them too far away from us since they are two teens in the cabin alone with us, parents, across the hall which is what I would have expected. When we did the gty on the last cruise, they put us next to each other and we were able to get the adjoining cabins.

I must be doing something wrong, because I can not get the book/modify to work at all... I just get an error msg. And today when I tried to look again I got error msgs on the method....mmmm... interesting...

Linda

Its not that I am an expert with this - I have been watching it very closely since Carnival changed procedures. Seeinghow it works- why it works. etc etc. (its my new hobby really...lol

I dont' think Carnival is going to move them too far away from us since they are two teens in the cabin alone with us, parents, across the hall which is what I would have expected. When we did the gty on the last cruise, they put us next to each other and we were able to get the adjoining cabins.

I must be doing something wrong, because I can not get the book/modify to work at all... I just get an error msg. And today when I tried to look again I got error msgs on the method....mmmm... interesting...

Linda

Linda are you booked as a group?? is your message have a number in it like 5001? and are you doing what i posted.. you have to register your cruise on the carnival web page...9If you were able to do that then it is not a group booking. click on the cruise details then put in your password. then come back here and click on this link http://www.carnival.com/BookModify.aspx

if you still get an error message can you tell me what it says?

We have four cabins booked. When I follow your directions, and I tried it on two different computer, I get this message...

"We apologize, an error occurred while processing your request. Carnival.com technical support has been notified of the problem and will be working to resolve the issue.

If you would like to email Carnival.com technical support, please use the following email address: support@carnival.com. "

But when I try the method I get the message when I enter their cabin number, "We are sorry but you cannot order gifts for a gty cabin..." and when I put in a different cabin number, I get the "Invalid stateroom/booking"

Linda

with the message to call carnival when buying gifts thats because that cabin is a gaurantee. The closer it gets to sailing when that cabin is set in stone- you will see your names on the page too.

Imsorry that the booking/modify page dont work for you- I wonder why.

I just tried it again using this cruise critic it still works.

I don't have run to the mailbox any more, doc arrived today 38days and counting ,funpass status complete.Now to start checking lists and packing. DH came home and I we did the doc dance in the livingroom to the fun fun song:D

Archived