Dining room apparel on boarding day

This is our first cruise on RCCL. What is appropriate to wear to dinner on the day we board? On other cruise lines, they always said shorts were ok due to many people not having their luggage yet. Is that the same for RCCL or should we pack some appropriate clothing in our carry on? We have the early dining.

This is our first cruise on RCCL. What is appropriate to wear to dinner on the day we board? On other cruise lines, they always said shorts were ok due to many people not having their luggage yet. Is that the same for RCCL or should we pack some appropriate clothing in our carry on? We have the early dining.

First dinner in the dining room is come as you are! Yes, you can wear shorts :)

From our experience.... if you are on first seating.... "most" seem to still be in "boarding" clothes.... while second seating many seem to have taken advantage of the luggage having arrived...:D That said.... as earlier posters said... first night.... no problem whether you change or not....have a great time.... it is your vacation, enjoy!

We've always just worn our shorts on the first night. Sometimes all the luggage hasn't been distributed yet, so we just wear what we came on board with.

Hey, Kiki, we're from Michigan also. We're going on the Independence March 7, 2009, can't wait! We just love cruising! It's something that we look forward to in this COLD AND SNOWY state.

Go State!! We are from WAY up north--the Upper Peninsula. I agree, I can't WAIT to get out of this cold and snow. This winter has been exceptionally brutal. I think we are supposed to get 2" of snow tonight.

Although I'm from Michigan, I am a die-hard Green Bay Packer fan!!

On boarding day I try to wear something I can change a bit. They do pictures when you board ship and at dinner. I wear something I can change a bit without my luggage. It is kind of a fun thing for me, like a game. I don't like to carry on too much, but I like to change my look a bit. When I shop, I always watch for changes I can make. Boarding clothes must be comfortable, but you can make it work with a bit of imagination. I have seen some really bad first dinner pics, mine included. Now I work to make mine at least look okay on the board even if I don't buy it.

On boarding day, almost anything goes. Shorts are fine. Your tablemates may be wearing shorts as well! As long as you're not wearing a bathing suit at dinner, you'll be fine.

No need to bring your "dinner clothes" in a carry-on for that 1st night!

Kiki,

I don't blame you for being a Packer fan, the Lions just aren't much to cheer for. I have always loved Brett Favre, so I'm a little down with his retirement.

We're in Holt (suburb of Lansing) so we're very excited about our Spartan basketball team. Think we have green blood in our veins.

We also set a record this winter for snowfall. Yesterday was a very weird Easter sunday, as all the egg hunts had to either be held in the snow or inside.

I always pack a complete change of clothing in my carry on bag so it has never been a problem for me. Wear what yo have as I doubt they will kick you out on your first night.

I knew I couldn't be the only one. I too always pack a change of clothes in my carry-on for dinner. Even though our luggage has always been delivered before dinner, I'd rather not take a chance.

We only pack a bathing suit, etc. in the carry-on to take advantage of the sun when we arrive, then change back into what we wore to board for the dinner. Come as you are....just be comfortable, relax, and enjoy getting to know the ship

Go naked!!

Haha, it's whatever you have on that you go in. Don't worry about packing clothes for the dining room, you will be fine with whatever you boarded with.

The staff will remind you to dress nicely the next night :)

Archived