Southern Caribbean Cruisers

phinfan63

We are booked on the Victory for 3/1/09 and starting to research the ports.

I am not having a lot of luck with St Lucia. I thought Marigot Bay looked great but after checking the port of call boards ~ I'm beginning to wonder. Apparently no one has been there :rolleyes:

Anyone here have information on Marigot Bay? Do you have to take the ships excursion or can it be done on your own?

Thanks!

We were just in St. Lucia last week and it is so beautiful!! My advice on tours is to always check around. We booked every tour on our own and on an average saved over 50% off what the ship tours cost. We booked a tour in St. Lucia through COSOL tours and it was one of our funnest days. They were AWESOME!! Just read the treads on each port that you are stopping at and you will get some good advice.

We are booked on the Victory for 3/1/09 and starting to research the ports.

I am not having a lot of luck with St Lucia. I thought Marigot Bay looked great but after checking the port of call boards ~ I'm beginning to wonder. Apparently no one has been there :rolleyes:

Anyone here have information on Marigot Bay? Do you have to take the ships excursion or can it be done on your own?

Thanks!

Hi, we also booked this cruise!! Look forward to talking with you on the roll calls, Cindy

We've been there before and we're heading back in Jan 2009 on the Victory too. Just go through the welcome port, walk past the first bunch of taxi vultures and go to the parking lot. You'll find a driver that will take you anywhere you want. You'll feel like chum in a pool of pirannas but once you get past the taxi headache, it's clear sailing.

I say this because you'll get alkl kinds of quotes from them. Just be sure you pay AT THE END on an agreed price.

Hi, we also booked this cruise!! Look forward to talking with you on the roll calls, Cindy

Hi Cindy. Do we have a roll call started yet? I've looked a couple times but haven't taken the time to start one.

It is beautiful. There will be plenty of vendors at the peir when you get off of the ship. I hope you enjoy St. Lucia as much as we did last January. HAVE FUN!!!
OK missy, you could have just walked over here and told me that :) (we work together)

Did this itinerary last May and we toured with Cosol...the best tour we have ever taken anywhere. We ate all day long, never ran out of anything to drink and we stopped often for beautiful sights. We spent a couple of hours on a beach before heading back and stopping for some hot out of the oven home made bread and some cheese. Mmmmmmm...I can still taste it.:D

If you click on my Desitny link in my signature, there are pictures of St. Lucia...I have them labeled so just look St. Lucia and Cosol.

We are thinking about booking this cruise March 1st. I'm concerned about all of the ports and being exhausted. I am not one to sit around on sea days but it does get me to relax a bit. Also, I am hoping the prices will go down. We are thinking about the Holiday Inn Express two nights in San Juan before the cruise. I have researched--I guess I only have to book.:) :)

I agree with every one else about the Cosol tour. They are absolutely in business to make sure you have a great time! We loved it.

It is a port intensive itinerary but we knew that going in and didn't feel bad when we decided to go to bed early. The ports are wonderful and it is an amazing experience to visit 5 ports in one week!

Thanks to everyone for answering my questions.

Everyone seems to rave about Cosol's tour but it seems like you spend alot of time in a vehicle. About how long are you riding in the van? I know my husband does not care for tours where is stuck but as long as they stop plenty, he'll probably be ok.

Thanks again!

Everyone seems to rave about Cosol's tour but it seems like you spend alot of time in a vehicle. About how long are you riding in the van? I know my husband does not care for tours where is stuck but as long as they stop plenty, he'll probably be ok.

Thanks again!

You can expect some considerable driving time on any extensive tour for this island. Things are spread out and the roads, hilly, narrow and windy.

I will skip this one next year and stay on the ship for that reason, plus I have seen what I want to. But there are things worth seeing if you can get past the driving part.

Thanks again!

We were in and out quite a bit. We stopped at many places for photos and then we went to a garden thing, stopped at the volcano, spent a couple of hours at the beach. Everywhere we stopped, whether for photos or at one of the other places, we sampled food from the locals...wonderful food and Cosol paid for it all. He paid our entrance fees into the gardens/waterfall and the volcano and at the beach. I didn't feel that we were in the vans that much because we stopped and got out so often.

I just booked the Victory for 1/25/09. We love to go to the beach. Which islands have the best beaches?? Which island would you skip if you wanted to stay on board 1 day. Which island is best for snorkeling?

Neither Dominica nor St Lucia are known for having great beaches. In fact one of them actually hauled in sand for man made beaches. These are more typical of Southern Pacific volcanic, lush tropical islands. I have been to them and I am all about the beach so I know first hand. If you’d like a list of good beaches for the others, let me know.

As for docking vs tenders, I just want to add that in 2009 this is a 6 island cruise so add St. Thomas to the list of the other 5. That one is docked as well.

. I have been to them and I am all about the beach so I know first hand. If you’d like a list of good beaches for the others, let me know.

Please give us a list for the other islands. I've actually been to some of them but always willing to try a different beach. The sad part is I'm not sure I even remember which beaches we went to !

Neither Dominica nor St Lucia are known for having great beaches. In fact one of them actually hauled in sand for man made beaches. These are more typical of Southern Pacific volcanic, lush tropical islands. I have been to them and I am all about the beach so I know first hand. If you’d like a list of good beaches for the others, let me know.

As for docking vs tenders, I just want to add that in 2009 this is a 6 island cruise so add St. Thomas to the list of the other 5. That one is docked as well.

Thanks,I'd love a list of the best beaches for this tour.Do you think Dominica would be a good snorkel excursion day? St. Lucia?

Archived