ROLL CALL The Spirit November 1 St

Margate Cruiser

Hi Steve

I didn't know my wife had started a thread. She thought it didn't get posted.

as you can see from her post That she is very intense. I'm more the happy go lucky type. Looking forward to meeting fellow travelers.

Dan

Hi Steve

I didn't know my wife had started a thread. She thought it didn't get posted.

as you can see from her post That she is very intense. I'm more the happy go lucky type. Looking forward to meeting fellow travelers.

Dan

Hey Dan,

Thanks for clearing up that little mystery:) .

Looking forward to meeting you both.

Regards,

Steve.

Thanks for the welcome Steve. On this occasion we are only having one night in Istanbul prior to the cruise. We have spent time in Istanbul & travelled through Turkey on previous trips. It is a fabulous destination and you will only get a quick overview in one day.

I have enjoyed viewing all the photos, especially Cands Melbourne skyline from the Bay and GrannyLorrs photos on board Seabourn Pride. It looked like a wonderful trip. We did a Panama Canal, Mexico & Central American cruise on HAL's Ryndam last November. It was great & we especially liked the Panama Canal transit.

Lorraine 2 (John 2)

from Armadale

I count so far 3 Steve's maybe 4. I wonder how many Judy's there will be. We get on in Athens and off in Dubai. I wish we would have had an over night in Istanbul. We sure see allot of Greek islands. This cruise will put us over the top by 4 days. And we will apply for our free 14 day cruise. After we complete this one in Nov.Which we will have to take before Dec. of 09. That will not be a problem.

Steve and Judy,

Congratulations on reaching your 140 days with Seabourn! What excellent timing, too. At least you have plenty of time to choose your 14 day cruise. Which one do you think you will take?

Steve.

We would like to take the Singapore to Hong Kong in Jan or Feb. We canceled that cruise this past year to take a cruise around the horn on the Pride it was so so good. Went from Santiago to Rio.

We are on the Feb 14 cruise out of Singapore and use our award on cruise this August out of Istanbul. We do`nt care about new rules. Long live Seabourn :D

• 2 weeks later...
We are on the Feb 14 cruise out of Singapore and use our award on cruise this August out of Istanbul. We do`nt care about new rules. Long live Seabourn :D

David,

We are on the same cruise next February 14th? We are going on to Shanghai. How about you?

Regards,

Shelagh

David,

We are on the same cruise next February 14th? We are going on to Shanghai. How about you?

Regards,

Shelagh

How exciting. We are going all the way (no innuendos meant ) (spelling ? ) but first we have to suffer Legend June 7 X 14 and Spirit Aug 23 X 21. So difficult to take it all in. Will talk in greater detail closer to event.

TTFN David :D

• 4 weeks later...

It's been determined that no Visa are required in advance for Our Nov 1 cruise that ends in Dubai . I have been told by the Seabourn office that all visa's will be given on board and a charge per passenger. No need to send away for any. The reason I am posting this is because on there new web site they said we did. So now am satisfied that we don't have to have one in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
It's been determined that no Visa are required in advance for Our Nov 1 cruise that ends in Dubai . I have been told by the Seabourn office that all visa's will be given on board and a charge per passenger. No need to send away for any. The reason I am posting this is because on there new web site they said we did. So now am satisfied that we don't have to have one in advance.

That's good news Steve. I'm not sure if that will apply to we Aussies also. We have now paid the balance of the fare and so I imagine we will receive some information from Seabourn soon. I have the feeling we will need a separate Visa for India (as we are staying on until Singapore).

All will be revealed!

Steve. (and Chris)

am also pretty sure you will need a Visa for India...thats the ONLY one we had to get ourselves when we did that same trip....and that rule applied to EVERYONE, not just Aussies. We were told that if ONE person didnt have their Indian visa the whole ship could be refused entry.....actually if you didnt have the correct Visas, Seabourn would probably not allow you onboard. ....then again maybe they would......Visas for Brazil were compulsory on our last cruise but there were a couple of passengers that didnt have them......lucky they didnt get caught! :rolleyes:

Steve maybe a call to Seabourn in Sydney might help......also can check Visa info via the Qantas web site.

Seabourn Sydney Phone: 02 8424 8800

Thanks Lorraine,

I just rang that number.

They answer the phone "Carnival Australia":eek:

They are only open Monday - Friday, so I will check on Monday.

Thanks for the tip.

Steve.

Lorraine,

I found another number on the Seabourn website - 13 2402.

This time they answered as 'Seabourn'.

The poor chap didn't have a clue, unfortunately!

He referred me to visalink.com.au.

So, the invesitgation continues.

The plot thickens!

According to visalink.com.au for Australians:

No Visa is required for Italy, Greece, Sri Lanka, Malaysia or Singapore.

Free Visa on arrival for UAE and Thailand

Visa on arrival with fee for Turkey (USD20)

Visas for other countries and cost in AUD -

Egypt - 114.90

Jordan - 127.90

Oman - 106.90

India - 157.90

This contradicts everything I've read on these boards. Should I follow the advice from a Seabourn representative?

Very confused.

Steve.

Seabourn WILL provide you with any needed visas for any port you are stopping at or disembarking from. The ONLY time you need to apply for a visa yourself is if you are flying INTO a country to board the ship.

Seabourn WILL provide you with any needed visas for any port you are stopping at or disembarking from. The ONLY time you need to apply for a visa yourself is if you are flying INTO a country to board the ship.

That sounds GREAT! It has certainly been the case with most cruise lines we have used. However we pretty much know from the experience of previous travellers (eg Grannylorr) that a separate visa is required for India.

Please also be aware that we are not US citizens and so must not make assumptions about what Seabourn will or won't do for us.

When we contacted the Seabourn office in Australia, the representative said they did not give Visa advice and we should check the website mentioned above.

Our US travel agent won't give advice to 'Aliens'. We'll wait until we receive our first set of documents from Seabourn in the USA.

Any other opinions or suggestions?

give that number in Sydney another try Cands....they certainly helped me when I phoned them. There will be a recorded message "Press 1 if you want Carnival" "press 2 if you want cunard" press 3 if you want Seabourn " etc etc......they were the ones who told me I needed the Indian and the Brazilian visas. I also contacted Visalink, in fact they are the ones who did the Indian visas for us, but they charge an arm and a leg....they are in Melbourne. They also said we needed them for other countries....but well they would woudnt they? Thats how they make money.......so no...we didnt get visas for Egypt, Oman or Jordan...they were all done on the ship....ONLY India.....If I remember correctly, the Security people in Cairns where we boarded the Spitit, checked our Passports to make sure they had the Indian visa before they let us on the ship!!

When ever I had Visa questions they were always confusing.

The only people who always gave me a straight answer were in the booking office on board the ship. They even gave me a copy of the e mail confirming all the details.

May I suggest you contact the ship by e mail and ask them the questions? After all they should know.

The plot thickens!

According to visalink.com.au for Australians:

No Visa is required for Italy, Greece, Sri Lanka, Malaysia or Singapore.

Free Visa on arrival for UAE and Thailand

Visa on arrival with fee for Turkey (USD20)

Visas for other countries and cost in AUD -

Egypt - 114.90

Jordan - 127.90

Oman - 106.90

India - 157.90

This contradicts everything I've read on these boards. Should I follow the advice from a Seabourn representative?

Very confused.

Steve.

Usually the ship aranges all the visa's because they cannot afford 1 person to don't have a visa and have loads of problems. Only the visa to fly in you need to arrange yourself.

But you better check with the Miami office, they know for sure :)

We had 1 Indian passenger who used her Shengen visa already with the transfer from Frankfurt to Istanbul, so denied to sail on the ship + denied to stay in Turkey :P She had to be 'medically disembarked'.

Archived