Radiance of the Seas, Old San Juan

nautilus2

It includes:

1. Arrival at the port (entrance into harbor, past El Morro)

2. A walking tour (on our own)

A. La Princessa

B. Raices Fountain

C. Walk along the wall of the city

D. A protest march

E. San Juan Cathedral

F. La Bombonera

G. Plaza De Armas

H. The Cemetery (near El Morro)

I. El Morro

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vrE9Aj5obKg

Thanks to everyone for the compliments.

The camera was one of Kodak's new digital cameras, the Z812. It's primarily a photo camera, but like most digitals it allows for taking movies.

The rest is a little geeky:

I work on a Window's machine with Vista on it and use Movie Maker to edit. Kodak saves its movies in .mov format--the Quicktime (Apple) format. Movie Maker doesn't accept .mov so I have to change the format to .avi through a free program called RAD Video Tool (part of Bink and Smacker, a suite of programs used to make computer game animation). I use (through RAD) the Xvid MPEG-4 Codec at HDTV level, at 29.7 frames per second and 16 bit stereo. I also sometimes work on the sound through another free program called Audacity. So all of the editing programs--from Movie Maker to Audacity--are free. My only plan when I'm editing is to try to tell a story and to try to create little moments of drama and humor.

I don't remember the song titles but they include songs by Marc Anthony, Santana, and the Gypsy Kings (in that order). My wife picks the music and we generally buy them from Amazon (usually $.99 per download).

Our only plan when we got off the ship was to walk on our own to El Morro. Most everything that happened to us happened by chance, though we had a vague idea where La Bombonera was. The people in San Juan were extremely friendly and helpful.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments.

The camera was one of Kodak's new digital cameras, the Z812. It's primarily a photo camera, but like most digitals it allows for taking movies.

The rest is a little geeky:

I work on a Window's machine with Vista on it and use Movie Maker to edit. Kodak saves its movies in .mov format--the Quicktime (Apple) format. Movie Maker doesn't accept .mov so I have to change the format to .avi through a free program called RAD Video Tool (part of Bink and Smacker, a suite of programs used to make computer game animation). I use (through RAD) the Xvid MPEG-4 Codec at HDTV level, at 29.7 frames per second and 16 bit stereo. I also sometimes work on the sound through another free program called Audacity. So all of the editing programs--from Movie Maker to Audacity--are free. My only plan when I'm editing is to try to tell a story and to try to create little moments of drama and humor.

I don't remember the song titles but they include songs by Marc Anthony, Santana, and the Gypsy Kings (in that order). My wife picks the music and we generally buy them from Amazon (usually $.99 per download).

Our only plan when we got off the ship was to walk on our own to El Morro. Most everything that happened to us happened by chance, though we had a vague idea where La Bombonera was. The people in San Juan were extremely friendly and helpful.

Thanks for the rundown of your "free" wares. It makes sense now why you cobble these formats together. I thought that was Marc Anthony's track when you started Puerto Rico, great match BTW.

Thank you so much for capturing the beauty of my home Puerto Rico. Awesome job you did with the movie and pictures. Reminded me of how proud I am to be Puerto Rican and where I came from. Muchas gracias!!!

It includes:

1. Arrival at the port (entrance into harbor, past El Morro)

2. A walking tour (on our own)

A. La Princessa

B. Raices Fountain

C. Walk along the wall of the city

D. A protest march

E. San Juan Cathedral

F. La Bombonera

G. Plaza De Armas

H. The Cemetery (near El Morro)

I. El Morro

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vrE9Aj5obKg

Hola, Doncella_12,

Puerto Rico was our first port on this cruise and it was our first time there. It wowed us! I took more pictures and video there than anywhere else. It was the favorite port of my wife (she's the one in the turret at El Morro) and I. We plan on returning.

It doesn't take long to pick up on the general character and personality of people and the people of San Juan were the happiest, friendliest, and most helpful of any we've met in the Caribbean (I won't mention specific places, but on some islands people seem to have a chip on their shoulders and hate their lives). Muchas gracias, to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow - loved this one too! Enjoying your various islands as I click away...

PR is such a beautiful, vibrant island. I am going to save this video and show it to all who say should I bother getting off the ship in PR! I agree with your wife - it is my favorite island as well.

Archived