What's the first thing you do, once you get on board?

Not counting going to your room.

For me, it's all about getting that first drink to toast the start of a great vacation!

That's a better idea than what I do! I'll have to make a mental note. :D

I check out our table at the dining room. Then make my reservations at Portofino. Then take pics of the ship before too many people board. THEN comes the drink! But, I am going to have to reverse that order from now on. :cool:

Go to the pool deck, get a drink, and find my lounger for the afternoon. I don't do anything else until after setsail! Maybe go down to the room and see if the luggage is there. But for the most part, lay in the sun and enjoy the drinks and the sunshine and the fact that I am on vacation!!!!

I have to go with check the table.... The last time, I didn't, and we had an AWFUL table that we got changed the 2nd night.... location, location, location... So, I usualy go to the dining room... Dad gets the kids signed up.... then we go to the Windjammer to eat. Don't forget to at least pack suits and sunscreen for the kids because the pools are usually less crowded at that time!

My dh and I split up when we first get on. Before eating or drinking, he goes and makes ressies at the speciality restaurant(s) while I go make our spa appointments. We then meet up and walk through DR to see our table.

After that, it's all good!

My dh and I split up when we first get on. Before eating or drinking, he goes and makes ressies at the speciality restaurant(s) while I go make our spa appointments. We then meet up and walk through DR to see our table.

After that, it's all good!

We do pretty much the same as many posters have mentioned. Once we get on board ship we usually find a place to sit with all of our stuff that we had to carry on. If we go with friends, a couple of us go to the dining room to check out our table. Once we do that and get back to our friends and perhaps get something cold to drink (cola/drink/whatever) it's only a very few minutes until the rooms are open. Then we just drop everything in there and go eat.

If we go by ourselves we have gone on to Windjammer if we didn't have too much stuff with us, otherwise we just find a nice place to sit, get something to drink and WAIT.

Archived