Can one have visitors on board at Ports?

Those are guests of the cruiseline.

I *think* that ordinary passengers are not allowed to have guests visit them onboard. You can write to Crown & Anchor and ask them. (of course, IF you are a member of C&A. ;)) (and by *you*, I mean anyone who is contemplating doing this :))

It take a lot of work even for those invited aboard in part due to Homeland Security concerns about extra people going aboard who are not sailing. We went aboard on a press pass for picture with the Voyager's Horns (now offloaded) and it took a fair bit of work to get that set up and because it is so far out of the norm it created some confusion at the port as well. Because of the count of folks aboard has to match those really aboard etc...it is something very highly controlled.

We went onboard Freedom, as guests of Shane the pub singer. We had to supply our drivers license numbers and nationality etc a week before boarding. When we arrived at the pier, we had to surrended our licenses and were issued guest passes on a lanyard. these were then scanned when we boarded the ship and scanned when we left. We then turned them in and retreived our licenses. I don't think a passenger would be able to have guests, unless they were part of a wedding party, but a call to C&A would probably answer that:D

We went onboard Freedom, as guests of Shane the pub singer. We had to supply our drivers license numbers and nationality etc a week before boarding. When we arrived at the pier, we had to surrended our licenses and were issued guest passes on a lanyard. these were then scanned when we boarded the ship and scanned when we left. We then turned them in and retreived our licenses. I don't think a passenger would be able to have guests, unless they were part of a wedding party, but a call to C&A would probably answer that:D

We went through a similar process when we boarded Celebrity Constellation. We were issued guest passes, and had to surrender our Driver's Licenses when we boarded.

Our friend was on a cruise that stopped in our home town. She wanted us to see the ship, so she aranged it with the Captian. Thankfully, they're good friends, or we probably would not have been allowed on board. Beautiful ship, and it inspired us to try out Celebrity.

I'm not sure what the process is for other passengers to request guests to board while in port. Post 9/11, it makes sense to be cautious.

Waiting at the pier with us were a bunch of Travel Agents. I wonder how often this happens? Constelation is not a new ship...

Archived