Carnival Website Booking Better than Princess

gargoyle999

I have booked a cruise directly on the Carnival website and today booked directly on the Princess website. I am surprised that I cannot seem to change my cabin or cancel my cruise online via the Princess website like I can on the Carnival website.

I changed my Carnival cabin about four times after reading more and different things on CC about various cabins as I made up my mind. I was also able to cancel a Carnival booking online when I decided I wanted to try Princess instead. Very convenient!

Booking online should give me the power to control things online. But that does not seem to be the case with Princess. Am I missing something on the Princess website?

I agree with you that you should be able to modify or change your booking online if that's what you'd like. I use the Princess and HAL websites and if you're frustrated by the Princess site, you'll tear your hair out with the HAL website. They've "improved" it but it's still horrendous if you're just trying to check your booking and/or book shore excursions.

I agree with you that you should be able to modify or change your booking online if that's what you'd like. I use the Princess and HAL websites and if you're frustrated by the Princess site, you'll tear your hair out with the HAL website. They've "improved" it but it's still horrendous if you're just trying to check your booking and/or book shore excursions.

That's another thing with Princess. Even when I'm logged into the site, I have to enter my name and booking number to get to my cruise personalizer and check the info. And have to do it again for separate cruises. On Carnival once logged in you can view all bookings and easily switch between them.

Guess I've got another suggested improvements letter to send out! :)

That's another thing with Princess. Even when I'm logged into the site, I have to enter my name and booking number to get to my cruise personalizer and check the info. And have to do it again for separate cruises. On Carnival once logged in you can view all bookings and easily switch between them.
Actually, you can switch between bookings. I do it all the time. If you do it strictly through the booking #, then yes, you can see only that booking. However, if you register with your email address and a PW, and go through My Princess, you can access all of your bookings. I just checked and all three of my Princess bookings are listed. :)

I have booked a cruise directly on the Carnival website and today booked directly on the Princess website. I am surprised that I cannot seem to change my cabin or cancel my cruise online via the Princess website like I can on the Carnival website.

I changed my Carnival cabin about four times after reading more and different things on CC about various cabins as I made up my mind. I was also able to cancel a Carnival booking online when I decided I wanted to try Princess instead. Very convenient!

Booking online should give me the power to control things online. But that does not seem to be the case with Princess. Am I missing something on the Princess website?

I don't know squat about thr Princess website. Just wanted to say you're giving money away by booking directly with Princess or Carnival.

Of course if you need to be in total control I guess that's the price you pay.:)

Bill

Actually, you can switch between bookings. I do it all the time. If you do it strictly through the booking #, then yes, you can see only that booking. However, if you register with your email address and a PW, and go through My Princess, you can access all of your bookings. I just checked and all three of my Princess bookings are listed. :)

Maybe mine are not linked up correctly. When I log in with my email and PW I don't see any booking info. If I go to the My Princess page I see a section on the left for cruise personalizer, but it just let's me click on "don't see your booking here?" and that tells me to click on a link for the cruise personalizer and I have to enter my first/last name and booking number.

Not a big deal, sort of like a mosquito, just a tad annoying! :D

Maybe mine are not linked up correctly. When I log in with my email and PW I don't see any booking info. If I go to the My Princess page I see a section on the left for cruise personalizer, but it just let's me click on "don't see your booking here?" and that tells me to click on a link for the cruise personalizer and I have to enter my first/last name and booking number.

When did you book? It's taken a week for my July '09 booking to show up. Doh! Just re-read your original post. Be patient. It'll show up within a few days.

I don't know squat about thr Princess website. Just wanted to say you're giving money away by booking directly with Princess or Carnival.

Of course if you need to be in total control I guess that's the price you pay.:)

Bill

I agree 100%! I booked directly with Carnival originally because I wanted a specific aft wrap and wanted to get it locked up, but changed the booking to an online TA to save almost $400.

I booked directly with Princess when I found both the aft balconies were available on the deck I wanted late last night. Had a cabin already booked midship. Didn't want them to disappear before I could switch with my TA on Monday morning so I booked one to be safe. Now I want to cancel the booking I did on Princess since I don't need it but can't do it online.

The original booking for this one I did directly with the TA and saved about $350 vs Princess site plus get $100 OBC.

Planning on booking directly with Princess once 2010 opens up to get specific cabin then will transfer the booking to get lower price.

When did you book? It's taken a week for my July '09 booking to show up. Doh! Just re-read your original post. Be patient. It'll show up within a few days.

Thanks for the heads up! When it comes to my electronic information I'm all about instant access! Don't those electrons move at the speed of light or something?? :) I'll just just give it time.

Maybe mine are not linked up correctly. When I log in with my email and PW I don't see any booking info. If I go to the My Princess page I see a section on the left for cruise Personalizer, but it just let's me click on "don't see your booking here?" and that tells me to click on a link for the cruise Personalizer and I have to enter my first/last name and booking number.

Sounds like something is wrong. I have about eight cruises booked and when I go through MyPrincess they are all listed on the left hand side and each have a link to the Personalizer. I can click on any one of them and it take me right to the Personalizer for that cruise. If I were you I'd call Princess to find out what is going wrong.

Bill

Now Bill . . . .there are reasons to book with Princess.

I sometimes book through Princess on the day a cruise is released in order to get the cabin I want and then I transfer the booking to a TA for a better price. This not only allows me to get the cabin I want but give me time to shop around for the best price. Princess is very good about putting a hold on a cabin for a few days but that sometimes isn't enough time to shop around.

However, what I don't like about booking through their web site is there is no place to indicate that you are using a FCC for the down payment so in that situation you have to call anyway.

However, what I don't like about booking through their web site is there is no place to indicate that you are using a FCC for the down payment so in that situation you have to call anyway.

I'll add that to my suggested improvements letter! :) I plan on getting a couple of these in November.

Pam - you are 100% correct! After using HAL's website, I kept thinking why do people complain about Princess's website because it is a dream compared to HAL's site..

Archived