Seasick Remedies Available On Ship?

vi1234

Does anyone know from personal experience what remedies are available on Azamara for seasickness. One of our travel companions has not done a transatlantic crossing before and has not cruised on such a small ship. She has had some very minor problems in the past that did not require medication and she is not sure she will need anything for this trip. So she doesn't want to get prescriptions etc. if there is something available on the ship. Anyone know exactly what they have and how you get it?

Vivian

I suggest that you bring all potential needed seasick remedies with you. A visit to the ship’s doctor is billed to your credit card and is not cheap. Also, remember that medicare and many other HMO insurances will not pay once you leave the USA.

A visit to the ship’s doctor is billed to your credit card and is not cheap. Also, remember that medicare and many other HMO insurances will not pay once you leave the USA.

Can anyone advise the cost for a trip to the ship doctor?

Go to the Guest Relations Desk and they will give you a couple of packages (no charge) which have two seasick pills in each one. One pill did the job for me.

Bodger

Yes 1 pill,(Asked at the desk, and they gave me 2 pkg. 1 for each of us, tho I didn't need it He usually doesn't either but the Tropical storm we were in changed that) my DH misunderstood me and instead of starting with 1 pill he took 1 pkg., slept the whole day off & on:D

• 2 weeks later...
A $3 bottle of Bonine would be something you should not be without.

It needs to be taken BEFORE you feel sea-sick and it really works.

Be prepared.:)

We just picked up a few packages of generic 'Bonine' at the CVS for about $2 each. We spend a lot of time on sailboats, and it works very well. No need to spend a lot of money for mal de mer shots aboard ship.

Dramamine OTOH makes us sleepy. ;)

Yes travelguard will cover this and anything that is needed from the infirmary. Last summer I was in the infirmary with an IV and was latter transferred to a hospital and the $500 bill in the infirmary was covered.

-Irwin

Just FYI, if you have an acupuncture treatment and ask to have remedies included for seasickness and then later in the same trip you become seasick, they will give you anoather acupuncture treatment at no cost. I get VERY seasick; not much seems to help in the way of OTC meds (Bonine, Dramamine, etc.) and I'm not willing to do the patch. Did purchase one of the little electronic wrist things - gives you a small electric shock every few seconds, and that managed to keep things under control for me on our last cruise. Bought it after very strong recommendations from several others. It's actually an electronic form of acupressure.

Just FYI, if you have an acupuncture treatment and ask to have remedies included for seasickness and then later in the same trip you become seasick, they will give you anoather acupuncture treatment at no cost. I get VERY seasick; not much seems to help in the way of OTC meds (Bonine, Dramamine, etc.) and I'm not willing to do the patch. Did purchase one of the little electronic wrist things - gives you a small electric shock every few seconds, and that managed to keep things under control for me on our last cruise. Bought it after very strong recommendations from several others. It's actually an electronic form of acupressure.

Hello:

Can you tell me how can I get the electronic wrist device to control seasickness? I will appreciate any help.

Regards,

Joel

Hello:

Can you tell me how can I get the electronic wrist device to control seasickness? I will appreciate any help.

Regards,

Joel

Joel - I purchased mine from Magellans (www.magellans.com). It's called the ReliefBand. Not cheap, but I've used it a number of times now and am pleased. Also, RiteAid sells ginger gum, which is very good for mild motion sickness. I've used it on winding mountain roads in Spain very successfully, and shared it with others who had some upset stomachs.

Joel - I purchased mine from Magellans (www.magellans.com). It's called the ReliefBand. Not cheap, but I've used it a number of times now and am pleased. Also, RiteAid sells ginger gum, which is very good for mild motion sickness. I've used it on winding mountain roads in Spain very successfully, and shared it with others who had some upset stomachs.

I appreciate a lot your valuable information. I will buy it in a few minutes for my cruise next month.

Regards,

Joel

Archived