What are your favourite Carnival ships?

Avril

Thanks everyone!! :D Keep 'em comin!! :D

Hi Avril, my neighbor to the North! ;)

Hi Cheryl!! :D

I usualy fly from your home airport (BUF) as it is normaly $100-$200 (or more) cheaper than flying from Toronto (YYZ). And since it only takes us about 1 hour to drive to Buffalo, it's worth it. :D

I have been on Triumph, Glory and Spirit (twice). I guess you could say the Spirit Class are my favorite since I've also got 3 cruises booked on the Spirit and one on the Pride.

I'm looking forward, though, to one day going on the Splendor and, eventually, the Dream.

Does anyone like the Destiny?

Based on the following Poll (Very unscientific I admit)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=678110

Destiny seems to be the least favorite ship of the Cruise Critic community. There could be many reasons for that. One could be that since it sails from Puerto Rico most of the time, maybe there have not been very many people who have sailed her.

I have seen more negative review of Destiny than any other Carnival Ship. However, those that do like Destiny are very passionate about it.

Destiny is an older ship (Launched in 1996 I beleive) and was the first to go over the 100,000 ton mark. For many years, Destiny was the largest Cruise Ship Afloat.

I would suggest you sail her and form your own opinion. You might love her.

One could be that since it sails from Puerto Rico most of the time, maybe there have not been very many people who have sailed her.

I have seen more negative review of Destiny than any other Carnival Ship. However, those that do like Destiny are very passionate about it.

Destiny is an older ship (Launched in 1996 I beleive) and was the first to go over the 100,000 ton mark. For many years, Destiny was the largest Cruise Ship Afloat.

By the time we sail on her, she'll be sailing 4 and 5 day Caribbean itineraries from Miami. :D We're going to do a back to back on her (5 day then 4 day) and my Aunt will be joining us on the 4 day for her 1st ever cruise). I hope she'll be a better ship going from Miami. I've read many negative reviews as well, that why I was asking people's opinins about her.

She is an older ship however, I think she was recently fixed up in dry dock adn is much better (almost like new). :D

We were on Destiny twice. I loved the Destiny. I like the graduated levels at the pool area. Only thing I didn't like was trying to figure out how to get to the dining room! :confused: :eek: I think on the last night I finally figured it out lol. I can't tell you anything about food, entertainment or staff since I haven't been on her in years.

I"m a bit upset... No one said the Conquest. My husband and I are booked on the Conquest for Sept 7, 2008, and it will be our first cruise. I know the cruise experience is all in what you make of it but isn't there anyone out there who likes the Conquest best? Lie to me. No. Don't lie to me. I just want to know that it is a great ship. :(

Loved the Paradise for it's non smoking and aft eating area on Lido.

Love spirit class, have been on them 4 times with 2 more booked.

Loved the Celebration for it's small cozy atmosphere and staff.

Oh hell, I love most of them. Could never sail the Destiny as that is the name of the female who broke up my daughters marriage.

We have sailed on Triumph, Victory and Valor. I would have to say that Valor is my favorite. I really enjoy the theme and the layout. But of course, I have not been on a cruise ship that I didn't like!

Looking forward to the Freedom later this year.

I've been on the following ships:

Elation 2000

Ecstasy 2003

Spirit 2005

Pride 2005

Spirit 2006

Glory 2006

Liberty 2007

Pride 2007

Elation 2008

Miracle (coming up)

I really like the Spirit. I've been on it twice and had a great time both times. I'm really looking forward to the Miracle in June since I only hear good things about it.

I loved the Spirit as well, and the Paradise though it was smaller. We will be on the Pride in December and I've heard good reviews about that as well.

Been on Conquest several times (wifes favorite by far to date), Celebration (couple of times), Elation, Ecstasy (couple of times), and Fantasy. Conquest favorite thus far. We have Legend next month. Looking forward to our first Spirit class. Ever notice how non-smokers don't miss an opportunity to get their digs in even with a thread as simple as "Favorite Ship." Geez people get over it that subject has been beat to death.

Archived