recent experience in Century's Sunset Verandas?

Leela

I did a bunch of searching here and really couldn't find any information from people who sailed in the Sunset Veranda cabins. There were lots of anticipatory posts from when Century was being overhauled, and details about the "odd-shaped" SV cabin, but what about the two "normal" ones in the center of the SV's?

Do these verandas have any covering at all? I know people from the bar downstairs can see up if they look from a certain area, that is not a problem for me. I'm just wondering if they have any shade themselves.

Also, how serious is the soot issues? Some people have pronounced it intolerable, others have said they just kept a towel on their chairs overnight, and one person said they didn't notice a problem. It's difficult to get a picture of what is really going on because all I've read are extremes of opinion from just after when the "new" Century was re-launched.

Mom & I have booked Century for Scandinavia & Russia in late Spring of 2009, and I was curious about current sentiments regarding the Sunset Verandas in general, and also specific to a Baltics itinerary.

• 8 months later...
I did a bunch of searching here and really couldn't find any information from people who sailed in the Sunset Veranda cabins. There were lots of anticipatory posts from when Century was being overhauled, and details about the "odd-shaped" SV cabin, but what about the two "normal" ones in the center of the SV's?

Do these verandas have any covering at all? I know people from the bar downstairs can see up if they look from a certain area, that is not a problem for me. I'm just wondering if they have any shade themselves.

Also, how serious is the soot issues? Some people have pronounced it intolerable, others have said they just kept a towel on their chairs overnight, and one person said they didn't notice a problem. It's difficult to get a picture of what is really going on because all I've read are extremes of opinion from just after when the "new" Century was re-launched.

Mom & I have booked Century for Scandinavia & Russia in late Spring of 2009, and I was curious about current sentiments regarding the Sunset Verandas in general, and also specific to a Baltics itinerary.

Hi, we just booked Sunset Veranda 1246 for Nov 2009 Trans Atlantic. I thought it looked like a great cabin to have and we're looking forward to it. Let us know what you think of it when you get back.

I was in 1246(my sister-in-law's room) in Sept 08. This was a Western Med. cruise. I spent alot of time on the balcony. It is in the center of the aft staterooms on the Sport deck. Half of the balcony is covered. They had two chairs, wood table and a lounger. The next door neighbor gave us one of their chairs for the group of four who gathered there each evening before dinner. If you look down you see the white tarps of the Sunset Bar. No one can see up because of the tarps. You do hear some conversation from the Sunset Bar. But what we liked was that you also heard the music. It was like having your own background music on the balcony. The view straight out looking at the wake of the ship and the sunsets were fabulous. There was never any soot during our cruise.You picked a great cabin and balcony. Enjoy your cruise ,both of you!!!

Archived