Internet Cafe Picture Download Question

travelintrio

I have a question about the Internet cafe on the Golden Princess. How much is it? What type of computers are they? Can I bring my camera plug in and download pictures and burn a disc on their computers? Has anyone done this? Also are the computers in the library and do they have the same fee and capabilities? Thanks!

The price of internet access is 75 cents per minute or you can purchase a package which lowers the per minute price.

No, you can not burn CD's off the computers in the internet cafe, all you will have is the keyboard, mouse and screen.............everything else is locked up behind closed doors.

You can however take your memory card to the photo studio and have them burn a CD for you, not sure what the charge is, we just always pack extra memory cards.

Besides 75 cents per minute, there are two packages to cchoose from. The first is $75 for 150 minutes. The second is $100 for 250 minutes. There is no refund for any unused minutes.

You can put your camera's memory card into a reader on the computers in the cafe. You do not have access to the computer's hard drive, cd/dvd drive or USB ports. The photo shop will copy pictures to a CD. The cost is $19.95 per memory stick or per CD whichever is more. That is if you have a large memory stick and they have to use 2 CD's to copy it, it is $39.90. If you have small memory stick and two will fit on a CD it is also $39.90.

I have a question about the Internet cafe on the Golden Princess. How much is it? What type of computers are they? Can I bring my camera plug in and download pictures and burn a disc on their computers? Has anyone done this? Also are the computers in the library and do they have the same fee and capabilities? Thanks!

If they are like the ones on the Crown - the computers are very slow.

As you can see from the previous posts it is expensive to burn CDs. Unless you bring your own laptop, the recommendation is to purchase extra memory. At todays prices (compared to $20 for a 700mb CD) it is cheaper to buy the memory which you can reuse over and over.

I haul at least 6 gig of memory and would hate to think of what it would cost to back it up on their CDs. But then again, I haul my own "traveler" laptop to backup my photos and view how they are turning out. It is fun to see the day's pictures in the evening after a great day ashore. ;) :D

If they are like the ones on the Crown - the computers are very slow.
Yes, the Internet access is slow but then so is most, if not all, ship to satellite connections. We're spoiled and used to broadband but a ship doesn't have anything like that. The bandwidth is finite and with lots of people using it, it slows down. I try to find a time when there aren't as many people (usually after dinner) and it's better.

Yes, the Internet access is slow but then so is most, if not all, ship to satellite connections. We're spoiled and used to broadband but a ship doesn't have anything like that. The bandwidth is finite and with lots of people using it, it slows down. I try to find a time when there aren't as many people (usually after dinner) and it's better.

Oh, I expected slow...and I realize that my e-mail (Yahoo) is a pig...but it took me 15 minutes to get into my yahoo mailbox...that is 2400 baud speed there. Furthermore, the bandwidth problem was severe enough that even if I let yahoo download the 296 images that if felt must be loaded, it was hit or miss as to whether or not it would allow me to compose an e-mail. Twice (different days) it would not. I had signficantly better internet response on HAL and RCCL.

I only mention that because at 75 cents a minute, if you use Yahoo (and the internet cafe manager told me AOL was just as bad), you might want to opt for a package deal and get at lease SOME kind of a break. Also, considering that trying to upload an image is even slower (I am assuming that the OP is hoping to e-mail pictures back home), it could be a pretty pricey operation.

Archived