Why do I NEVER read or hear anything about the Paradise?

Hope this isn't to late. I did a 3 day on both, same itenerary Long Beach/ Ensenada. I went to compare before I took my kids because they are very happy with Carnival.

The main differences were:

1. The cabins are TINY!! The oceanview I had was as small or smaller than an inside on Carnival. I kid you not when I say I stood in the middle of the room and could within an inch touch both sides of the wall! The room colors on Monarch were prettier, but I couldn't imagine ever putting more than 2 in a cabin.

2. Food. The buffet was 1/2 the size of Carnival. Again, I (and I'm not kidding)

couldn't find anything other than a salad I wanted to eat. Very slim pickings.

The dinner menu's were a joke compared to the amount of selections you have on Carnival. I'm not a picky eatter either.

3. My seating. I have traveled solo on both ships. On Carnival I have ALWAYS been placed at another table with a few singles. I was stuck behind a wall at a table with a couple on there honeymoon. They showed up one

night. I think Carnival puts more effort into their seating placements as I met many singles in like situations on Monarch.

4. Ship Shops. Very few and a very poor selection. I went looking to buy a shirt or something and they didn't have anything selection wise. Some

people complain Carnival nickle & dimes you with their sales ect. But my goodness atleast theres something to look at and shop around for.

Shows were ok. They did have a pool side barbque one day that was pretty cool on the Monarch.

They are both older ships, but I will continue going with the Paradise for my weekend/short cruises.

Happy Cruising!

Donna

Hope this isn't to late. I did a 3 day on both, same itenerary Long Beach/ Ensenada. I went to compare before I took my kids because they are very happy with Carnival.

The main differences were:

1. The cabins are TINY!! The oceanview I had was as small or smaller than an inside on Carnival. I kid you not when I say I stood in the middle of the room and could within an inch touch both sides of the wall! The room colors on Monarch were prettier, but I couldn't imagine ever putting more than 2 in a cabin.

2. Food. The buffet was 1/2 the size of Carnival. Again, I (and I'm not kidding)

couldn't find anything other than a salad I wanted to eat. Very slim pickings.

The dinner menu's were a joke compared to the amount of selections you have on Carnival. I'm not a picky eatter either.

3. My seating. I have traveled solo on both ships. On Carnival I have ALWAYS been placed at another table with a few singles. I was stuck behind a wall at a table with a couple on there honeymoon. They showed up one

night. I think Carnival puts more effort into their seating placements as I met many singles in like situations on Monarch.

4. Ship Shops. Very few and a very poor selection. I went looking to buy a shirt or something and they didn't have anything selection wise. Some

people complain Carnival nickle & dimes you with their sales ect. But my goodness atleast theres something to look at and shop around for.

Shows were ok. They did have a pool side barbque one day that was pretty cool on the Monarch.

They are both older ships, but I will continue going with the Paradise for my weekend/short cruises.

Happy Cruising!

Donna

We loved the Monarch. Yes the cabins are smaller as this is a older RCCL ship. But you must be a giant to be able to touch all the walls lol!

I liked the food in the buffet better and they had a better selection.

Funny thing on our first Carnival cruise they seated me and dh with 2 other couples that did not speak english lol!

Just another viewpoint........

I will be sailing her in less than a month and I have had the same thoughts as you! I already decided that I will make sure I do a posting when I get back.

This will only be my second cruise but I find that a weekend sailing is perfect. Just enough to get some cruise time in but more importantly, I don't have to take many vacation days. I take lots of different vacations during the year so my PTO time is always at a premium.

I cannot wait to get on the boat!!! :D

standing in the middle, side to side. Not lengthwise. I only posted my thoughts as someone on here asked me too. I am aware that everyone has their own opinion and prefer other cruiselines. Thats why there are more cruiselines than Carnival. You most always run across travelers not speaking english, I'm sure no cruiseline groups people by language. However they do know who is traveling solo, and I appreciate the effort put into placing some

of those people together. Another example is when I took my daughter on a cruise for her 18th birthday.They seated us with 2 other mother daughter groups. I'm sure this was not the luck of the draw.

I'm know there are many people who prefer differnt cruiselines thats why they all stay in business~

Happy Cruising,

Donna

standing in the middle, side to side. Not lengthwise. I only posted my thoughts as someone on here asked me too. I am aware that everyone has their own opinion and prefer other cruiselines. Thats why there are more cruiselines than Carnival. You most always run across travelers not speaking english, I'm sure no cruiseline groups people by language. However they do know who is traveling solo, and I appreciate the effort put into placing some

of those people together. Another example is when I took my daughter on a cruise for her 18th birthday.They seated us with 2 other mother daughter groups. I'm sure this was not the luck of the draw.

I'm know there are many people who prefer differnt cruiselines thats why they all stay in business~

Happy Cruising,

Donna

I have no preference to any line lol! I have been on 10 Carnival just cruised on my first Princess and have also sailed RCCL. I will cruise any line........Actually getting ready to book another Carnival.

As for our table mates (besides the language) we were so off in ages it is was laughable. Hey we still had fun but I must say it was quite an experience. So now we just get our own group table.........

Okay, for those that want to compare, this is cabin 2608 on the Monarch ...

2608towardwindow.jpg

And here is a typical ocean view cabin on a typical Carnival ship ...

GV-livingroompanI.jpg

As you can see, the Carnival cabin is wider while the Monarch's cabin is taller.

Okay, for those that want to compare, this is cabin 2608 on the Monarch ...

2608towardwindow.jpg

And here is a typical ocean view cabin on a typical Carnival ship ...

GV-livingroompanI.jpg

As you can see, the Carnival cabin is wider while the Monarch's cabin is taller.

rofl.gif

OMG! That's hilarious!!

Archived