Anything and everything about Victory

This itinerary looks awesome! I am planning to sail the victory next December on the southern route but this one looks good too. Too bad they aren't offering it when I want to go. :)

We sailed the victory in '02 and it was honestly the reason we went back to Carnival after sailing RCL once. We just had a great time!

You'll have a wonderful time! Enjoy your cruise!

angie

We just did an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Victory last month and it was GREAT:D The service was excellent, as was the itinerary and the activities on board. Absolutely no complaints here. Would cruise the Victory again in a heartbeat.

The Victory cruises that tend to get a bad rap are the cruises out of Boston to Canada. If you read through the boards here, I think you will find most who cruise to the Caribbean are very happy w/ the Vic!

Lucky you. Good choice!:)

We are sailing in a balcony cabin to the Eastern Caribbean on the Victory April 27, 2008. I am sure it will be just fabulous. I will be away from work for an entire week. I will not have to make my bed or cook - I can relax and do nothing. I can order something else if the first choice I make is unacceptable. The carpets will look better than the one at my house that the cat has peed on and my kids have soiled. Oh, and did I mention I won this cruise for teacher appreciation AND I AM MISSING A WHOLE WEEK OF SCHOOL???????????? :p We were upgraded to the verandah deck. I expect that this will be the very best cruise I have ever taken :D

"thecruiser7 You said that you just sailed the Victory. I'm curious how they changed the top optional deck. Is it now a adult only deck?

I'm just hoping there's still a deck that's kid free on the Victory.

thanks,"

Sorry, haven't figured out how to Quote yet :confused:

The only place that was designated "kid free" was the hot tub located to the aft - If I remember right, it was the serenity pool areas tub. Kids were on all decks. And honestly, people had kids in the serenity spa also - no one said a thing.

The Sky deck is right above the deck where they have the smaller children's pool. I seen quite a few 8, 9, 10 etc etc yr olds up there. Some with parents, and some not. BUT the entrance to the slide is up there also, so I don't think anyone got much peace and quiet up there....

Anything else, let me know - I'll tell ya as much as I can :o

Hey FunForTheFamily, thanks for all the great pics.

Does anyone know if the Victory has the same layout as the Triumph???

Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread. I am pleasantly surprised to see a nice response and hope that more will be added. I'm really excited about learning "everything and anything" about the Victory.

Keep the posts coming! :D

We are sailing in a balcony cabin to the Eastern Caribbean on the Victory April 27, 2008. I am sure it will be just fabulous. I will be away from work for an entire week. I will not have to make my bed or cook - I can relax and do nothing. I can order something else if the first choice I make is unacceptable. The carpets will look better than the one at my house that the cat has peed on and my kids have soiled. Oh, and did I mention I won this cruise for teacher appreciation AND I AM MISSING A WHOLE WEEK OF SCHOOL???????????? :p We were upgraded to the verandah deck. I expect that this will be the very best cruise I have ever taken :D

terisu10- CONGRATS on winning the cruise. And to read it's for "Teacher appreciation", it brings a tear to my eye. WTG! I have the utmost respect for teachers.

Have fun, eat everything and anything, don't think about school and remember, HAVE A GREAT TIME. It's your cruise. :D

What I'm asking about is the so called funnel deck. It's the upper deck that the red smoke funnel is on. It was once a top optional deck. I read on another thread there was a sign & it's now it's a adult only deck. I was hoping this was true. I have a cruise booked in the near future and was looking forward to this adult only deck..........

thanks,

What I'm asking about is the so called funnel deck. It's the upper deck that the red smoke funnel is on. It was once a top optional deck. I read on another thread there was a sign & it's now it's a adult only deck. I was hoping this was true. I have a cruise booked in the near future and was looking forward to this adult only deck..........

thanks,

Ahhh ha - figured the quote out:)

If I am understanding where you are talking about - now it has the little putt putt course there.

I will go thru the Capers (I kept them all - what can I say) and see if anything is listed as "Adult only".

Give me a little bit and I will let you know....

Does anyone know if the Victory has the same layout as the Triumph???

Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread. I am pleasantly surprised to see a nice response and hope that more will be added. I'm really excited about learning "everything and anything" about the Victory.

Keep the posts coming! :D

Same layout as Triumph, although I haven't actually sailed on Triumph. (Maybe summer 2009 when she does the NYC-Canada run again.)

I can't find Mr. Pete's thread about the seahorses on Victory, but we've had a great time (only partially in jest) discussing the seahorses on the staircases. (Pete: Was it "Victory Seahorses: Do They Still Attack?") There are seahorse figures holding up the railings along the stairs, and they tend to attack your ankles/legs/shins when you least expect it! Just keep a good distance from them and they'll behave themselves.;)

I think the fish n' chips and supper clubs are the main differences between Conquest class and Triumph class ships. The cabins on Victory don't have refrigerators, which are in the cabins on Conquest and Spirit class ships.

As for the adult deck - when we sailed last summer (before drydock), the deck around the funnel was still listed as adults only, but it was not a topless deck. I'm not sure if they changed that after drydock.

thanks,

OK - The deck you are talking about is now the Jogging deck - it just has a path around it. There are chairs for sunbathing, but its not a top optional deck.:( Sorry....

OK - The deck you are talking about is now the Jogging deck - it just has a path around it. There are chairs for sunbathing, but its not a top optional deck.:( Sorry....

There is a jogging track, but there is another deck on top of that. When we went up, it was pretty much empty and we just grabbed the chairs to get some tan. Wasn't paying attention to signs, so I couldn't tell you what it said or not said.

Archived