Supper Club - cheese course

CRUZBUDS

On our first trip on the Spirit there was a cheese course served with dinner in the Supper Club. The next time there was none offered. The service the second time overall wasn't great -- did they forget or cheese or has it been dropped?

Three more days of work!!! :D

On our first trip on the Spirit there was a cheese course served with dinner in the Supper Club. The next time there was none offered. The service the second time overall wasn't great -- did they forget or cheese or has it been dropped?

I've been to the Super clubs on the Spirit, Pride and Liberty. I don't remember having any cheese course. It's possible that they don't do it anymore.

I normally get the cheese platter for dessert when we eat in the Supper Clubs since I can't eat sugar. They usually give me an assortment of the different cheeses offered. Most of them are quite delicious, but one of them is very strong! I also get the cheese plate for dessert in the regular dining room.

Sheri

I'll try ordering it this time - the cheese was far better quality than the normal cheese plate in th DR (which I also enjoy)

As we said, we remember it offered as a regular course between the entre and dessert - we're not shy -- we'll ask!

I normally get the cheese platter for dessert when we eat in the Supper Clubs since I can't eat sugar. They usually give me an assortment of the different cheeses offered. Most of them are quite delicious, but one of them is very strong! I also get the cheese plate for dessert in the regular dining room.

Sheri

You must be talking about the Danish Blue!!!! That stuff is GREAT! I never liked Brei, but even the brei was good. Man, Now I gotta run to the store for some cheese.

As we said, we remember it offered as a regular course between the entre and dessert - we're not shy -- we'll ask!

Have you cruised on Celebrity? Could you be mistaking which line? Celebrity has a cheese course between the entree and dessert in their specialty restaurants. They also have phenomenal service.

We ate in the Glory's supper club last September. During my dinner course I started smelling the unmistakable odor of sweaty feet or arm pits. Understandably concerned, I immediately began covertly sniffing myself. This continued for what seemed like an eon, then I turned my head ever so slightly and saw a waitress serving a table behind me. She had a cart that had some of the worst smelling cheeses I have yet been around. I was relieved when she took the rancid smelling stuff away. So it would seem that they do still serve cheeses. Perhaps you have to ask the waitress for it, since it was never offered to us.

I can do just fine with a block of Velveeta, or the vacuum sealed pack of Kraft Sharp Cheddar that the Fiance gets for me at Wally World.

Hi Guys!! I guess you aren't on the Grandeur anymore, since you're on the Spirit. We'll miss you!

To answer your question, the only cheese we had in the Emerald Room on Glory was the cheese & Butter spreads they served with the bread. They were very yummy but I don't think that's what you are talking about.

Have a great cruise!

Terri

You must be talking about the Danish Blue!!!! That stuff is GREAT! I never liked Brei, but even the brei was good. Man, Now I gotta run to the store for some cheese.

No, I loved the Danish Blue, it was something else, very strong and they said not many people like it. I don't normally like brie either, but you're right, it was very good!

So let me ask you this.....if you order the cheese platter on the regular dinner menu theres on extra charge?? I've often wondered that because it sounds like alot of cheese on the platter!! Thanks.... 15 days....but who's counting??? LOL.....

No, I loved the Danish Blue, it was something else, very strong and they said not many people like it. I don't normally like brie either, but you're right, it was very good!

Well I hope you all are satisfied now. I just got back from the store and had to get some Danish Blue and crackers!!

So let me ask you this.....if you order the cheese platter on the regular dinner menu theres on extra charge?? I've often wondered that because it sounds like alot of cheese on the platter!! Thanks.... 15 days....but who's counting??? LOL.....

No, there is not. It will be on the dessert menu and it is just 5 or 6 2 bite peices of cheese. If i remember right it comes with some grapes too. I recommend it at least once, heck get it and dessert every night. No sense not doing both.

No, there is not. It will be on the dessert menu and it is just 5 or 6 2 bite peices of cheese. If i remember right it comes with some grapes too. I recommend it at least once, heck get it and dessert every night. No sense not doing both.

That's right, it is on the dessert menu in the DR each evening. I always get this to go along with the chocolate melting cake. Yummy:D

I will start out by stating... IM A FOOD SNOB. That being said, the cheese plate I had on my only cruise was boring and basic. When I put out a cheese tray, a danish blue would be on the outside looking in, along with brie. BORING. If you tell me they have a Garrotxa and Humboldt Fog, I'm there.

I will start out by stating... IM A FOOD SNOB. That being said, the cheese plate I had on my only cruise was boring and basic. When I put out a cheese tray, a danish blue would be on the outside looking in, along with brie. BORING. If you tell me they have a Garrotxa and Humboldt Fog, I'm there.

Keep in mind that they are serving a veriety of pallets and they can't serve the extremes. Serving the lesser known breeds of cheese would probably keep people from ordering it.

Keep in mind that they are serving a veriety of pallets and they can't serve the extremes. Serving the lesser known breeds of cheese would probably keep people from ordering it.

I completely understand and agree.. One can dream though.

On our past cruises we always asked for a cheese plate in the dinning room. In fact, we talked most of them into giving it to us to-go, so we could take it back to the room and enjoy it with a nice port.

As others have said, the cheese plate in the dining room is not going to wow any cheese snobs - but cheese is cheese, and boy do I love cheese!

That said, last September on the Conquest in the supper club they offered a FANTASTIC cheese plate for dessert. My wife ordered it and they wheeled in a chart with a very large assortment of different cheeses on it. Very nice selection, and the size of the served portions was completely over the top. One of the many reasons we are looking forward to the supper club on our upcoming cruise on the Liberty....

Archived