transportation to miami port from ft. lauderdale

timgwen

I've looked up shuttles, buses and other transit. It is SOOOO expensive! Am I missing a good deal somewhere? I have to transport my hubby, myself and 6 teenagers. Do any hotels offer free shuttles? Thanx in advance for your help.

That's a tough one, not aware of any FTL hotels that offer a free shuttle to the Port of Miami. The most economical way for you would be to rent a minivan from Alamo, Dollar or Thrifty. Drop it off at their respective Miami off-airport location and take their free shuttle to the Port of Miami.

I've looked up shuttles, buses and other transit. It is SOOOO expensive! Am I missing a good deal somewhere? I have to transport my hubby, myself and 6 teenagers. Do any hotels offer free shuttles? Thanx in advance for your help.

Are you staying at a hotel?? I have always flown into Ft. Lauderdale and use the shared ride to the Port, it is about $18 pp. now getting back is a bit trickier bc the shared rides are not allowed to pick up at the port of miami.

That's a tough one, not aware of any FTL hotels that offer a free shuttle to the Port of Miami. The most economical way for you would be to rent a minivan from Alamo, Dollar or Thrifty. Drop it off at their respective Miami off-airport location and take their free shuttle to the Port of Miami.

Anyone familiar w/Dollar Rent a Car's free shuttle to Miami port from their Miami airport drop off location...........is it reliable? do you have to wait forever? reviews..........thanks!:)

Are you staying at a hotel?? I have always flown into Ft. Lauderdale and use the shared ride to the Port, it is about $18 pp. now getting back is a bit trickier bc the shared rides are not allowed to pick up at the port of miami.

That would be about $150 for the OP. Much cheaper to rent a van.

I called Dollar at the MIA location. A foreign man told me they did not offer free shuttle service to Miami port. Maybe he didn't understand the question. I asked him several times....he seemed confused. can anyone confirm that they have recently gotten free shuttle service from MIA to Miami Port? Thank-you!!

A 10-person stretch limo will start your trip out in style for about $120 each way - that's only $15/person!

It's a fun way to start your trip without the hassle of transferring luggage between rental cars and shuttles and keeping those teen rounded up! ;)

You also don't have to worry about driving on strange roads and worrying about where to drop off the car, etc...

Just a thought!

It's what we're doing, and there's only 4 of us! It will be a nice surprise for the rest of my group!

HAVE FUN!

:)

We are flying into FLL the day before the cruise and staying at The Comfort Inn Airport/Cruiseport. They offer free shuttle pick up from the airport to the hotel and $65 per couple to Port of Miami. We have rented a car from Alamo for our return date. They have a free shuttle from Port of Miami to Miami airport to pick up the rental car which we will drop off at FLL airport.

Try www.EEZZEXPRESS.COM and give them a call. Their rates are very reasonable. This should work for you. :)

Shared ride at $18/pp seems like a bargain to me, no matter how many people are in your group.

A limo may offer a cheaper price per person, but no matter how long they are stretched, they still only have a standard trunk which if you are lucky hold luggage for 4.

We took a stretch limo and paid $105.00 from FLL to Miami, everything included. That was last summer so it might be slightly more expensive now, but for 8 people, a limo is the way to go. It was absolutely no hassle, no driving ourselves, no transfers... it was a perfect treat.

http://www.southfloridatransportation.com/ - Ask for driver Mike. He picked us up at FLL in the baggage claim area and we were on our way within minutes.

($105.00 divided by 8 people, plus all the luggage = approx. 13 bucks per person, certainly reasonable. Even if it's more now, this is the way to go, IMO. Nice way to start a cruise vacation. :) )

A limo may offer a cheaper price per person, but no matter how long they are stretched, they still only have a standard trunk which if you are lucky hold luggage for 4.

That's the limo company's problem. They send the right car for the job!

The first thing they ask you is how many people and how many bags.

The car is then selected from the choices that fit! The best vehicle for you could be either a Town Car or School Bus.

Don't worry...They'll know what to send!

;)

Archived