Our cruise price went up a lot!

Just for curiosity, I was on the online TA's site and had a look at the exact same date and category. Last year, I booked our cruise at $719pp plus tax and and prepaid gratuities as a bonus from the TA. I understand the fuel surcharge is nothing we can do anything about, it's $70 for the two of us. But the actual CABIN is up to $819pp now! Tax is about $10 more and the prepaid gratuities are still included.

We paid the deposit so are we at least protected against the fare increase? It seems that way, just checking as we haven't done this before.

This is from their website, name has been xxx'd.

Cruise Price Protection and Fare Guarantee

xxxxx.com guarantees the price you pay for your cruise will not increase after your booking has been confirmed*. We are proud to have the most comprehensive cruiseline price information on the web. While we always provide discounts below the cruise line’s lowest available fare, obtaining cruise prices and keeping them current is difficult. Many cruise lines do not offer real-time pricing and fewer yet provide reliable 24 hour availability. Therefore we maintain our own exclusive real-time fare database, the largest cruise fare database in the industry. While we update most prices regularly, rapid fare changes (particularly in close-in sailings) may result in database pricing errors. We sincerely apologize for these errors, but we can only guarantee prices when a booking is made and a deposit is received.

*While the cruise fare will not change, government taxes & fees and fuel charges are subject to change in accordance with cruise line policies.

Yes you are locked in since you paid your deposit and if you booked before Nov 16 you will be getting the fuel surcharge back also. My next cruise has gone up almost a 1000$ a person.:eek:

Yes, we booked Oct 2007 and paid $500 deposit. We got an email in Nov informing us of the fuel surcharge but no email to inform us the surcharge has been removed. We have not paid the balance. So this surcharge should be removed?

I wouldn't have had a clue if not for this board!

Yes, we booked Oct 2007 and paid $500 deposit. We got an email in Nov informing us of the fuel surcharge but no email to inform us the surcharge has been removed. We have not paid the balance. So this surcharge should be removed?

It is being reported that some are getting refunds to their credit cards or on board credit. It will be done in some manner, check your credit card statement. When are you sailing?

Your fare can change according to the last line..

"*While the cruise fare will not change, government taxes & fees and fuel charges are subject to change in accordance with cruise line policies."

What in this statement indicates that the fare can change? :confused: This sure sounds like the fare is set. Taxes and fees can change, but that's not the fare itself.

The total bill can change, but not the base fare. At least the way I interpret the language that was provided.

What in this statement indicates that the fare can change? :confused: This sure sounds like the fare is set. Taxes and fees can change, but that's not the fare itself.

The total bill can change, but not the base fare. At least the way I interpret the language that was provided.

You are tight..I mistyped (?)...the fare will not change the fees etc may.

Yes your surcharge will be either removed, credited back to you, or you will get obc in that amount.

Yes you are locked in since you paid your deposit and if you booked before Nov 16 you will be getting the fuel surcharge back also. My next cruise has gone up almost a 1000$ a person.:eek:

Freedom D1 cabin, booked July 06, now $500 per person more.

Be happy. You're booked and don't have to worry about the increase. Note that if the price did drop, you could take advantage of that too (unless it is for new bookings only). You get the best of both worlds by booking early! :D

We are in category M, I think all the inside cabins went up $100 pp. I didn't notice the other categories. This is great news for me that we are protected but bad news for some friends I was trying to persuade to join us. My friends are more the last minute type of people and didn't book. The price increase will probably be the deal breaker for them.

All is well! Just received new invoice from xxxxx.com. Fuel surcharge is gone and we are confirmed in My Time Dining as per our request. The original price is as we booked and final payment still due in August.

Ours went up $1000 pp as well since we've booked. I'm astounded. One of our travelling companions had to cancel to get their deposit back for short term, when they rebooked, they couldn't touch the price of their original booking of a balcony and opted to go for the inside. She's paying the rate of her original balcony price for an inside now.

Timing is everything.

Archived