JetBlue legroom

crimmper

Starting April 1, JetBlue will offer extra legroom (38" of pitch) at certain rows on their planes (airbus A320)

The rows are from 2 to 6 and the emergency exit rows.

These seats will cost you extra though. Their web site states for "AS LITTLE AS" $10 you can have these seats.

What they don't tell you is that it will cost you a little more if you are flying coast to coast. That will set you back $20 per person.

This added $80 to the total cost of my flight (Me & DW)

For me, being 6' 4", the added legroom means a lot.

Here is a link to JetBlue if anyone is interested...........................

http://jetblue.com/about/ourcompany/150seats/index.html?intcmp=hpfooterEML20080324

Starting April 1, JetBlue will offer extra legroom (38" of pitch) at certain rows on their planes (airbus A320)

The rows are from 2 to 6 and the emergency exit rows.

These seats will cost you extra though. Their web site states for "AS LITTLE AS" $10 you can have these seats.

What they don't tell you is that it will cost you a little more if you are flying coast to coast. That will set you back $20 per person.

This added $80 to the total cost of my flight (Me & DW)

For me, being 6' 4", the added legroom means a lot.

Here is a link to JetBlue if anyone is interested...........................

http://jetblue.com/about/ourcompany/150seats/index.html?intcmp=hpfooterEML20080324

What they don't tell you is that they "created" this additional leg room by reducing the leg room on all other seats on the plane to 34 inches. I am also 6'4" and I am going to Florida next week from LGA and will happily pay the additional $15 cost each way for the additional room.

What they don't tell you is that they "created" this additional leg room by reducing the leg room on all other seats on the plane to 34 inches.

This is not my understanding from reading The Cranky Flier. He states:

They’re actually going to reconfigure the aircraft. Now, only rows 2 through 5, 10, and 11 will have extra legroom. Everything else will be standardized at 34″. Oh, and this only includes the A320. The Embraers will not see any change, and only the single exit row will have more legroom for more money.

The added room is achieved by removing rows. The "regular" seat pitch of 34" exceeds the usual standard pitch of 31" and 32".

38" is great and I think its a great idea. The only thing I didnt like about this roll out was that, without notice, a trip I booked 3 weeks ago for next month, where I had an old 36" legroom seat, was "reassigned" to a 34" seat in the very back of the plane. The seat selection now is atrocious and Im pretty much stuck back there unless I pay the premium.

I took advantage of this for the redeye heading from SEA to BOS on the way home from my Alaska cruise in May. Had enough credit with them (from having to change this particular booking to what turned out to be a cheaper flight) that it didn't cost me anything. Good deal.

Archived