Booking on hold question

mjp0499

When completing our fun passes, I selected to have our cruise documents sent. I got a message that says that your booking is on hold contact your travel agent. I call the travel agent, which checked with Carnival and said there was no reason for our booking to be on hold. And that is was probably a computer qlich and try to select it again. I tried after a couple of weeks got the same message. I personally called Carnival, who said they could not check my booking only the travel agent could, but they would connect me with IT. The IT dept says that the message will keep appearing until 30 days before our cruise due to it being a group booking. I also asked why our room assignments indicated TBA when we requested rooms due to traveling with our children. Again their response was it was a goup assignment and the rooms wouldn't appear until 30 days. My travel agent can't confirm this. So anybody else have this happen?

Your TA should be able to tell you why it's on hold. Some travel Agents will block a group of rooms and then try to sell them as specials. Carnival considers this the same as any group and does not assign cabins untill about 30 days out. On Line TA's do this all the time. Our TA (who is local) does this about twice a year and tries to get his regular customers a lttle bit of a deal.

Did you make your final payment?

I know that it said TBA (even though I knew my cabin number) until my final payment was made. As soon as my final payment was made, my cabin number magically appeared.

I didn't fill out my fun passes until after I made my final payment and I didn't have any problems. We are a group booking also...

We are part of a group that will cruise in 3 weeks. My booking was "on hold" until 1 week ago. We booked an assigned cabin, made final payment in January. (no guarentee) This is just when the "on hold" status is released - around 30 days before sailing. Not to worry - though I was climbing the walls until my hold was finally released, and I could print my docs.

This happened to me and I am part of a group. My TA said "I don't get this message", so then she signed on as me (asked me my password and then I changed after this phone call) and she saw what I saw. She called Carnival and they said all was well.

I can not even see my stateroom assigned, but Carnival says my room is still there. I tried using the bon voyage dept to order something and put in stateroom # and it comes up with our names, so its right.

So this must be part of a group thing. Now I know I can not print out stuff until the whole group pays.

Our status shows as on hold and room to be advised. We booked through a travel agent here in Australia. From reading terms & conditions on Carnivals web site because we booked with an agent that we pretty much have to deal with them for queries so assumed that is the reason for status. Our agent advised us that we should receive all our docs approx 3 weeks prior to cruise.

We can still fully utilise the Carnival web site and have booked 3 shore excursions already which is really exciting :D

Cheers

Col & Sue

Archived