Here It Is Boys and Girls...New Dress Code

KenMo

Dh has a "bunny" with a bow tie (guess where it is worn:eek: ) Will that count as formal wear? BTW - Trock - from one Lawngilander to another - love how you wrote our location!! It made my day yesterday when I finally noticed it. Thanks for the giggle each time I see you post.

Hey gotta love our 'accents'..LOL

Personally I hate the dumbing down of the dress code. One of the reasons my wife and I stopped cruising with Norwegian was the freestyle dress code. I wear a suit everyday to work and still look forward to dressing to the nines with my wife because she looks simply stunning in her gowns. On NCL we would clean up, have a pre-dinner cocktail, and head to the dining room feeling great and sexy. We would walk to the host stand and be seated. Once settled I would look around and feel entirely out of place; to the right there are a couple in tank-tops and flip-flops and to the left there is an eight-top table wearing t-shirts and ballcaps. If you want to dress like your sitting at home at your kitchen table that is fine but I wish the cruise lines would take the initative to seperate the dining rooms based on an enforced dress code.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I'm looking forward to dressing up b/c I work from home, so my dress is barely resort casual clothes daily. I just don't want to look around and feel out of place, that to me takes away from the experience of getting dressed up. I too am 26 and my DH 27.

I went on a cruise with my parents when I was 9 or 10. I only remember bits and pieces of the cruise, but the nights that stand out in my mind were the nights we dressed up for dinner. I still remember everything about that dress I wore, and I thought it was something special. Just my two cents.

I am a loyal RCCL cruiser (7+) and have been on 3 Carnival cruises as well. My wife does not like Carnival after a bad expereince. But with some improvements I read about we decided to pick a better ship and try again. We wanted something different and now that we live in the midwest we wanted to try the Pride out of LA. Just booked it last week for next spring break.

To me the dress code is about setting the atmoshphere for the evening. Yes there are always people who will not follow the dress code. But with this change it will feel like eating at Chili's or Outback. I can do that at home.

So CCL might have gained some clients but this they have lost forever. I guess it is back to RCCL - unless they follow suit (no pun intended) as well. I just got back from an RCCL cruise and noticed no jeans or shorts in the dining room.

Just another perspective.

Dave O.

I just got back from an RCCL cruise and noticed no jeans or shorts in the dining room.

Just another perspective.

Dave O.

They allow jeans in the dining room on RCCL on casual nights. The only difference in this new dress code for Carnival is the dress shorts;) And that they actually spell it out for you........

Seriously, I don't see the big deal. Even though I'm only 31, some might refer to me as a "relic" or "dinosaur." I like to dress and will continue to do so. I really don't care what you wear. The only thing this changes is that it actually spells it out that you can wear jeans and dress shorts. I don't see this as a huge change.

When I was in Italy last summer it was really hot. Men or women are not supposed to wear shorts in Rome - all the guide books say not to. That must be why all of the men in Rome were wearing their manpris. They finally found a way to be cooler in the summer but not wearing their long slacks. It is so warm and humid that they don't care what they look like.

If we are sharing a table on a cruise, if you are CLEAN and not bathed in perfume or aftershave, I'll be glad to have you as a table mate regardless of what you wear within the new codes.

If I can smell you coming 100 yards away because you have on so much "stinkum pretty", I don't care WHAT you are wearing...you are going to ruin my dinner. :)

I've been reading and can't take it anymore. I want to see this hotty! Where's a picture?

Don't take the bait.. Someone with this much jerkiness (I made that one up), is either from Jamaica; or is just trolling. Me thinks that Sparty is trolling; he is definitely enjoying the reactions he is getting from his absurd and ignorant commentary..

If you react to it, you are 'feeding the troll'..

Oh dear, I just finished shopping with my 18 year old son, he kept insisting on cargo shorts with a polo for the dining room, I told him no way, there are rules, you must wear casual slacks ie: dockers for casual night and a suit for formal nights, he finally found all of the above for our cruise. I will never hear the end of it when he sees others with shorts on! Oh well I am sticking with the clothes we got him. He may choose to wear the shorts he brings for day wear around the ship to dinner though :(

That happened to me too but it was before this new rule. My son insisted on wearing his good jeans to the dining room and I told him absolutely not. When we got to the dining room there were hoards of men in jeans. One guy wore the exact same outfit every night. One man wore coveralls!

Which is it? Respect for those you are sharing a meal with or dressing up for yourself? Must be nice to have it both ways. I say this with confidence, I AM HOT. Manpris DO NOT have to be sloppy. I have seen plenty of SLOBS dressed up in suits, tuxedos, khaki Dockers. Sloppy is about attitude, not about fabric. My attitude makes everything I wear sexy, fun and wonderful.:D :p

You know, it's time to post your picture. We'll let you know how hot you are on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the hottest. Come on, post it!

Dress shorts deary! Not any old shorts, read again

Not the point deary.. Reducing it to shorts now will only encourage 'variations' and interpretations of the 'allowable' shorts; including everything you can imagine; from Daisy Dukes on the ladies (leaving nothing to the imagination from behind), to greasy threadbare cutoffs on the guys..

It's all a matter of perspective, unfortunately..

And what is a 'respectable length'?

I (again) assume that no cheeks are hanging out :p if you are female, and no crack showing if you are male.

To be honest, I don't care. I won't be wearing shorts in the dining room so I don't have to worry about bringing a measuring tape. ;)

I (again) assume that no cheeks are hanging out. :p

To be honest, I don't care. I won't be wearing shorts in the dining room so I don't have to worry about bringing a measuring tape. ;)

You know what happens when one assumes.. ;)

I am a snappy dresser. I wouldnt wear MANPRIS to dinner, nor jeans, nor shorts, nor sleeveless shirts. Stop misconstruing what I SAY. I am just relishing the fact that some of you are getting so upset by this. You can still dress up.. I am going to. I will not wear a tuxedo, that is over the top and quite honestly a relic of fashion.. (see my above post as to when a tuxedo is acceptable).

I thought you finally posted your picture...maybe a 3.

What a great laugh to start my Saturday. I love condescending idiots! They're so entertaining when they try to look down their nose at everyone beneath them. I hear Higgins as a read this post. Just an FYI, if you pull that stick out of your butt you'll probably relax a bit & enjoy life.

This is great stuff!

That happened to me too but it was before this new rule. My son insisted on wearing his good jeans to the dining room and I told him absolutely not. When we got to the dining room there were hoards of men in jeans. One guy wore the exact same outfit every night. One man wore coveralls!

I told my oldest son I didn't care what other folks were wearing to the dining room (pointing out the guys in shorts with baseball caps/sunglasses perched on the brim). As long as he was sitting at our table and we were paying for the cruise, he would wear what we told him to wear!

well... he's still better dressed than some others...

00310m.jpg

Now we can laugh at all the men too! I know there are some laughs at the expense of some females outfits but if I see guys dressed like this I'm liable to just get hysterical! Ugh, the hairy legs! It's bad enough by the pool! Please guys, take the pledge NOT to do this!:eek: :eek:

Archived