Royal Suites and Penthouses?

orchestrapal

What we enjoyed, along with the 2 TV's and large dining table was: extra nights dining in the speciality dining rooms; 2 complimentary bottles of booze for our bar; if asked for, a complete list of the dinner menus so we could choose which nights to dine in; preferred boarding lines.

With reference to the Penthouse suites----we are recently off a Royal Princess Amazon Cruise and we were in a penthouse suite ( 6002 right at the bow) and as the Royal is exactly the same ship as Quest and Journey I have to say we would never pick that stateroom again as it was very noisy when docking or when they were dropping the anchor. There also was a lot of movement when even a slight sea and a lot of loud bangs when the bow hit a wave--------does not make for a good night's sleep.

The amenities however were lovely--------nice sitting room, dinner menus etc. but not enough to make us ever pick that room again:D

We are booked in a RS on deck 7. Do you think being a bit higher will take away some of the noise factors? We have been booking sky suites, aft on Celebrity, but thought we would "move on up" on this cruise. After reading some postings I am a bit concerned since the RS are only forward. The amenities, space and view seem to outweigh the negatives but I would love to hear some thoughts.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We also just booked back-to-back in a RS on deck7. We have been in these suites on Oceania and love the front & all around views. The ship noises don't bother us but the band noises(music) you get on deck 6 from the lounge underneath can be very disturbing. You will love deck 7 and chose right.:)

• 1 month later...

Same is true of the suites at the stern. Beautiful room huge verandah but the noise and vibration are bad enough I would not cruise in one again.

The rest of the ship was wonderful. I would book a skysuite towards the middle.

Each person has their own likes and dislikes..My favorite 2 sataterooms are the two Penthouse Suites on deck 7..7114 and 7119..I find very little vibration and noise and I love the space!!

Jancruz1

Archived