Homewood Suites Anchorage about those low rates...

lovesublime

Some of you probably remember last year that people were questioning the low rates posted for this hotel. It seems many were skittish about booking. I will now fess up that I booked two 2br suites for the low rate of $72.00 a night each. I have confirmation in writing, but now I too am feeling skittish as our cruise date draws nearer. What are the chances we'll show up and they'll demand the higher rate? It really isn't a big deal-we'll pay it, but we're traveling with other people and I just want to avoid any embarrassment. Any thoughts? BTW, I never mentioned it because we were orginally going to stay in Girdwood and later changed our minds-thanks to BQ :)

Homewood Suites will definitely honor a written confirmation showing your rate of $72/night. It will be a great hotel, too! All Hilton Family hotels do a really good job of honoring what you booked and fixing any problems that may occur.

If you are considered about the rate, why not telephone to confirm.

Hotels do have a loophole for getting out of cheap rates as they can claim they were made in error. There was a big fuss about this a couple years ago when some hotel chains had errors on their WEB sites. A few people got the cheap rates until there seemed to be a trend and the hotels got wise to it and either cancelled the reservations or raised the rates for the reserved stay.

IF Homewood Suites wanted to claim there was an error, they've had plenty of time to do so. I would NOT call the hotel ahead of time. I have back-up reservations elsewhere, also at a good rate - but not THAT good! Once I hear that others are getting the rate as booked, I will cancel my double booking.

By the way, Hilton's web site has done this a few times. In the summer of 2006, I was able to book the Hilton in downtown Anchorage (for June 2007) for $46/night for the "Romance package" on their club level floor! Unfortunately, when I changed our land itinerary, I was no longer in Anchorage on the same days. I know of someone else who did stay there at that rate, however.

How far in advance did you book to get these rates? I just checked their website and the best I saw was 199.

Thanks

I booked last Sept. The low rate was available for only a few hours which led a lot of people to believe it was a mistake.

It happened to me on the Holiday Inn web site a couple years ago. I booked our June rooms in Seward for two nights at the winter rates (at that time $79) when I booked in October. By the time we arrived in June, the price was $279. It was their price on their web site. The confirmed rooms and price were in the computer when we checked in, and no one at the front desk said a word.

Can't you just check your confirmation number on-line with Hilton?

https://secure.hilton.com/en/hi/res/index.jhtml;jsessionid=GV5BMB1JLVTA0CSGBJBNUKQ?_requestid=81785

Go to existing reservations and enter your confirmation number and last name.

They should have the correct room type and the rate that you booked.

Can't you just check your confirmation number on-line with Hilton?

https://secure.hilton.com/en/hi/res/index.jhtml;jsessionid=GV5BMB1JLVTA0CSGBJBNUKQ?_requestid=81785

Go to existing reservations and enter your confirmation number and last name.

They should have the correct room type and the rate that you booked.

Yes, thanks for the link. I just checked both reservations and everything is as it should be and we're still confirmed at the low, low rate of $72.00 a night. I'll quit worrying now.

Yes, thanks for the link. I just checked both reservations and everything is as it should be and we're still confirmed at the low, low rate of $72.00 a night. I'll quit worrying now.

FYI...I have stayed at that hotel and it is a clean, nice place.

• 1 month later...

I too have that great rate for our 1st and last night of our land tour. I emailed their central customer service and asked them to reply with confirmation of rate, room type & date of reservation. I hope that's enough....

I too have that great rate for our 1st and last night of our land tour. I emailed their central customer service and asked them to reply with confirmation of rate, room type & date of reservation. I hope that's enough....

You can go to Homewood Suites' web site, click on "My Reservations," and put in your confirmation number to see your reservation: http://homewoodsuites1.hilton.com/en_US/hw/index.do Mine shows the $72 rate.

Archived