Sun Princess in Adelaide

Lestel

Hi

The Sun Princess was in Adelaide today and we went down to see her off. Unfortunately it was a very grey, drizzly day but she still looked magnificent. The captain was playing tunes on the horn and a section of passengers were doing the Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - Oi, Oi, Oi chant so it made for a bit of fun. It was the first time we had been down to the terminal so I had no idea how bleak it is around there in comparison to the ports where the terminals are in the actual city. Hopefully the passengers had a good time in Adelaide. It was good to see her before I take my Mum on our 3 night cruise in July from Sydney to Auckland.

I will try and paste a picture in this message - I have put a few more on to my flickr page.

http://flickr.com/photos/lesleyspiccies/sets/72157604312132307/

Lesley :)

2373687558_97c609f374_o.jpg

Thanks Geoff! My DH who I dragged along with me today was commenting how stable she looked and he couldn't imagine much movement on a ship her size. I had a chuckle as I recounted your review to him with the wild weather you encountered! He said he was pleased we were going to the South Pacific in December, should be calm then - maybe it's a good job he doesn't read the forums!!!;)

Lesley:)

Hi

The Sun Princess was in Adelaide today and we went down to see her off. Unfortunately it was a very grey, drizzly day but she still looked magnificent. The captain was playing tunes on the horn and a section of passengers were doing the Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - Oi, Oi, Oi chant so it made for a bit of fun. It was the first time we had been down to the terminal so I had no idea how bleak it is around there in comparison to the ports where the terminals are in the actual city. Hopefully the passengers had a good time in Adelaide. It was good to see her before I take my Mum on our 3 night cruise in July from Sydney to Auckland.

I will try and paste a picture in this message - I have put a few more on to my flickr page.

http://flickr.com/photos/lesleyspiccies/sets/72157604312132307/

Lesley :)

2373687558_97c609f374_o.jpg

She is a beauty isn't she.

Just got off the Sun Princess today. We were some of the passengers chantring aussie aussie aussie . Adelaide was such a friendly place. Had a good time there. Caught train to Port Adelaide and had a walk around and a look at the markets, then caught a bus into the city and had another good walk around before catching the train back. Kerrie

Hi Kerrie

How neat that you were one of the chanters! Lucky you being on such a long cruise, I am only going on her for 3 days:( Glad you enjoyed Adelaide even though it was such a miserable day.

Looking forward to reading your review and seeing your pics.

Lesley:)

We missed the Sun in Adelaide...we were away for the weekend...:mad: ...

it would have been lovely to have seen her here..... we will just have to wait

another 5 weeks until our cruise to Asia....:D :D ...can't wait...

Looks like she will be a popular ship Downunder...

S&D

055_o1.gif.7a9e0d3bcb3994d3d3eeae246c6924f0.gif

Archived