7 Day Bermuda Cruises??

katleigh3

I posted once, but I don't think it went through so I'll try it again.

I think RCI Grandeur does 5 day, and the NCL Dawn, Majesty and Dream I think are doing 7 days. You can go to any travel site to do a search, put in Bermuda as the destination, and then choose the cruise length of 7 days. That should bring up your choices.

Are they a thing of the past? All the cruise lines seem to be doing 5 days only??? :confused:

Hi -

NCL has 7 day cruises to Bermuda that leave from NY, Philadelphia or Boston. The ships are either the Dawn or the Majesty. Think the Gem is sailing to Bermuda as well. Check out the ports as some of the ships only dock in St. Georges and some only in Kings Wharf. We are looking into this cruise now so I have been checking this all out.

Rhonda:o

Thank You. I am not too keen on NCL ships sailing to Bermuda...mostly older vessels.

Although old as it was...I loved the Celebrity Zenith cruise to Bermuda.

Thank You all for your assistance.

Thank You. I am not too keen on NCL ships sailing to Bermuda...mostly older vessels.

Just to let you know, the Dawn is a newer ship and will be sailing out of NY.

Although old as it was...I loved the Celebrity Zenith cruise to Bermuda.

I was reading a thread recently that compared the Celebrity Zenith to the NCL Majesty. The same type of intimate small ship.

Just FYI, have fun whatever you decide but Bermuda is worth it no matter how you get there.:)

I was reading a thread recently that compared the Celebrity Zenith to the NCL Majesty. The same type of intimate small ship.

I've sailed on both the Zenith and the Majesty, they are very comparable in size and feel. I have a favorite but in order not to offend or upset anyone, I won't tell.;)

I will say that the cabins on the Majesty are much smaller but certainly doable. Getting to Bermuda is my number one priority.:)

Hi -

NCL has 7 day cruises to Bermuda that leave from NY, Philadelphia or Boston. The ships are either the Dawn or the Majesty. Think the Gem is sailing to Bermuda as well. Check out the ports as some of the ships only dock in St. Georges and some only in Kings Wharf. We are looking into this cruise now so I have been checking this all out.

Rhonda:o

The Gem is not sailing to Bermuda. The only two ports open in Bermuda are in St George and Kings Wharf. The Dawn shows Hamilton but it is tendering there not docking.

I have been on the Dawn three or four times(but not to Bermuda on it). Its a nice ship and freestyle works very well for Bermuda(IMO)...

• 4 months later...
I recently found out that RCI has a 7-nighter out of Baltimore on the Grandeur in 10/09. It just docks at King's Warf, but it's a 3 day stay in Bermuda!

Shhh, keep that one a secret until I get it booked! ;) 5 days is just too short on Grandeur sailing to my favorite destination!! We're planning on booking the 7 day very soon.

Shhh, keep that one a secret until I get it booked! ;) 5 days is just too short on Grandeur sailing to my favorite destination!! We're planning on booking the 7 day very soon.

I totally understand! We did a 5-night on Grandeur back in April of this year, and I can't wait to go back to Bermuda! We plan on booking this one, so we'll likely be sailing together :) .

I totally understand! We did a 5-night on Grandeur back in April of this year, and I can't wait to go back to Bermuda! We plan on booking this one, so we'll likely be sailing together :) .

That's great news! I suspect this will be a popular cruise among RCCL's Bermuda fans. It's not often we can find one over 5 days anymore. We did an 8 day on Empress last year and it was total heaven. Seven days will be the next best thing and we really enjoy Grandeur. See you on the ship!!

Cheryl

Miss the 7 day New York/Bermuda cruises on the Norwegian Crown and Celebrity Zenith and Horizon. Only one full sea day going down and back and four days to enjoy Bermuda. No such cruises available anymore.

Wow - so why do they add that third sea day now? Not complaining, as I do like sea days, but it wouldn't hurt to enjoy the extra day on the island :) ...

Thanks for the tip on the 7 day in 10/09, I changed my 5 day to the 7. Let's hope for great weather and a great trip!

Rose

I'm with you Rose, great weather and a great trip!!! I can't wait for this trip, I think about it every day. :D

Wow - so why do they add that third sea day now? Not complaining, as I do like sea days, but it wouldn't hurt to enjoy the extra day on the island :) ...

A semi-edumicated guess on my part thinks the extra sea day stems from Kings Wharf as the only dock available for at least the Dawn, the Grandeur and Explorer of the Seas. With the loss of Hamilton as an option, NCL appears to have decided to wait their turn at sea. When the expanded dock is completed at KW, maybe all this will change. Don't know what this will do to prices though: the ships may use less fuel, but I would expect higher port charges.

I just read on the Holland America boards that the Veendam will be returning to regular NY to Bermuda service starting in late August 2010 running into October. Then in 2011, full season service will begin in May through October. That is great news for us lovers of Bermuda and HAL!!! :D

I just read on the Holland America boards that the Veendam will be returning to regular NY to Bermuda service starting in late August 2010 running into October. Then in 2011, full season service will begin in May through October. That is great news for us lovers of Bermuda and HAL!!! :D

That is amazing. I was wondering about HAL and Bermuda for a while. I've never sailed them, but their ships seem beautiful to me, and I'd like to try them. Thank you for sharing this news, now I'm excited about this! Yea for Bermuda!!!!

We have been HAL cruisers for the past 20 years. We have tried other lines but always return to HAL. I was delighted to read that HAL is returning to regular Bermuda service after all these years. I think the combination of the two, Bermuda & HAL, is perfect because they complement each other so well. Can't wait!!

Archived