Excursions in Juneau

MarilynTX

I would try and head to Mendenhall first, verify the shuttle bus starts. Hiking there can take hours however. Mt. Roberts - if extensive hiking is your priority, I suggest you just consider staying there.

If you are on NCL, I highly recommend you budget for the Tracy Arm add on tour, absolutely necessary in my opinion. Grossly superior to the ship transit.

Thanks for the info. Would we have time if we just looked around at the glacier and then rode the tram and looked around from the top? We are cruising on NCL. Is the Tracy Arm excursion thru the cruise line or independent?

You have to allow an hour in shuttle time round trip Mendenhall, so it depends on your timing.

The Tracy Arm add on tour is via NCL. I put together a photo sample, since it's hard to describe the significant differences. The cruiseship- was the FIRST time last season to get within sight of the South Sawyer- week 7-22 and the closest it got! The cruise ship just is not going to get those wildlife views or glacier views. I truely feel this is a necessary expense to budget for. http://community.webshots.com/user/budgetqueen

I think the reason the Tracy Arm option might not be available is that it takes nearly a full day from what I have read in research for my upcoming trip.

NOT with NCL, it most certainly is available.

Are you able to select any excursions??? I would call NCL shore excursions directly. There have been some web problems noted recently.

Budget Queen I am able to select many excursions in Junea from the NCL site. The Tracy Arm is not available in the list to select from. I will call tomorrow and find out for sure. I really want to take that excursion. I have seen man beautiful photos on the boards. Thanks for encouraging me to take the plunge on this one.

I called NCL this morning and booked the Tracy Arm excursion. Thanks to Budget Queen for informing me about the excursion. The only way to book this excursion was to call. The agent at NCL told me that this excursion is exclusive to the Star and Sun because of the time of day these 2 ships are in port. She also said that the excursion is always full before sailing time. I'm a happy cruiser today.

Archived