Just back from Milli..any questions

Fun Loving

Were shampoo, hand lotion furnished, in little bottles ? Just saw a post yesterday that said they didn't receive any and were told that they were no longer available.

I was in a concierge class cabin and I had shampoo and lotion in little bottles, as well as, in dispensers on the wall.

Thanks for answering some questions, we leave this Sunday!

1/Did you have a favorite show?

2/What did you do in Casa De Campo?

3/ Did you have any spa treatments

Thanks

Lou

1. I enjoyed the acrobatic duo that was part of a couple of the shows offered. The shows were mostly musical. There was a comedian one night. The quality of the performers were fantastic, but I would have liked to have had more variety.

2. We actually chartered a private boat to go to Catalina island. It was okay. I overheard some people say they enjoyed the various "beach breaks."

3. No

We also leave this Sunday, the 6th. What kind of dance music did they have in the evenings?

If you are referring to the Disco (Cosmos), it varied. They had many themed nights, such as, 70's, 80's. They also have several lounges; in the RendezVous lounges they had various singers and bands that played usually before and after dinner. This could also be heard in the Platinum Club (where the Martini bar is) because there was an opening in the floor on this level right where the stage is. There is also Michael's club which plays mostly instrumental music for a very intimate relaxing atmosphere.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

I was also on the Millie last week and we really enjoyed all the different styles of live music around the ship. The Tonics were fantastic as was the Accord Quartet that played in the Cova Cafe in the evenings.

In the DR we stayed on the ship. It was docked near some baseball practice fields. We grabbed our binoculars and sat in the TPool area facing the shore (great chairs) and watched the ball players practice.

I thought the ship was beautiful. We sailed on Freedom of the Seas when she was just over a year old and were worried about going from a new ship to an aging ship. There were some seams separating on some of the carpet near some stairs which could catch a heel. We didn't notice anything dirty.....ever. They were cleaning and polishing the entire time. Our cabin was spotless.

There was a bit of misinformation here on CC. Before we booked I had asked if the beds had been replaced on the Millie and was told numerous times that they had been. Nope, the beds are old. However, the sheets felt new and were very nice. But that mattress was as hard as a rock and bed spread was very old. I didn't care about the bedspread.....but the bed was a different matter.

I was also on the Millie last week. I was on Deck 2. We had a shampoo dispenser in the shower and a lotion dispenser on the wall above the toilet. I too find the carpeting to be in need of replacement in several areas. The seams are separating in the dining room and the cabin carpet was worn. Our cabin was clean otherwise. The bathroom tile was very clean.

We enjoyed all the shows. There were three nights of different production numbers with the singers and dancers. If you like Broadway quality singing and dancing, you will enjoy the shows.

I stayed on the ship at Casa de Campo while husband and adult daughter went to the artisan village. The power was out at that location so they were not able to see the art galleries very well. I enjoyed lounging ALL day in the shade by the pool.

We hired Godfrey for a private tour of St. Thomas. He was very good with the history of the area and the tour time can be adjusted for more or less shopping. He is cheaper than doing a ship tour. Some of the passengers opted for a two hour beach stay but we did not. He can be found http://godfreytoursvi.com. We did the Tour #1.

The Olympic Restaurant was a special treat for my husband's birthday. It was worth the extra $30. We dined from 8:30 PM to 11:30 PM. The harpist even played happy birthday when the cake arrived.

There is enough night life for every taste. Our adult daughters were in the Cosmos every night.

Have fun on the cruise.

There was a bit of misinformation here on CC. Before we booked I had asked if the beds had been replaced on the Millie and was told numerous times that they had been. Nope, the beds are old. However, the sheets felt new and were very nice. But that mattress was as hard as a rock and bed spread was very old. I didn't care about the bedspread.....but the bed was a different matter.

That is totally untrue. Millennium has the new bedding with the round curved matrasses, the new sheets, etc. It was rolled out in April 2007.

Floris

Can you offer your views on staying on the continental deck.....pros/cons....any noises, smells, etc.

I requested a midship, lower stateroom and received it. We were midship on the lowest passenger level. It was very handy to the elevators and stairs. We could easily walk up to the guest relations area (deck 3) and down from the dining room (deck 4). It was quiet and the only time we smelled sewage was for a short time walking from our room to the forward elevators to go to the Celebrity Theater for one evening. We never smelled it in the room. I think you would be hard pressed to know the difference if you were on a higher floor. Of course, it you want a balcony, that is another matter. We opted for an oceanview so we could afford to spring for an inside cabin for our two daughters who traveled with us. We had 2115 which has upper berths so the bed was in front of the window. I would prefer that the bed be located on the long wall so the couch is by the window. We had to get almost on top of the pillows to look out the window. The deck plan is marked with little triangles which indicate which rooms have the upper berths. We were not aware of that at the time. Our cabin attendant kept the place very clean. Unlike some comments about cabins on level 7, our bathroom tile and fixtures were spotless.

We have read many posts on the condition of the ship.How was it for you?

I also had read a lot about it and really had my eye out. If you look, you will find wear and tear occasionally. But we saw carpet being replaced and rails being sanded and varnished throughout the trip. The ship was IMMACULATELY clean, with the exception being the pool grill area, which gets a lot of foot traffic. I thought (and I'm picky) that the ship looked fantastic.

The cabins (we had aft CC 9162) were in fantastic shape. Great beds, really comfortable, linens were nice, and both the room and bathroom were immaculately clean. I saw no wear and tear in the cabin other than the tv, which is old, and the tv remote, which didn't work so well.

Was the a cappella group "Top Deck" still on board?

No - there was an a cappella group "The Tonics", and we thought they were great.

Does any one know is Elvis(no kidding) is still a terrific waiter in the main dining room. Our group was so impressed with him that some of us want to sail with him as out waiter!!!!

Yes, he was our waiter this past week. He was a very good waiter, service-wise. But he was trolling for tips the entire time, which we found unprofessional. He spoke a lot about how little they make on the ship, how there is nothing for them to eat other than chicken and rice, and how hard the work is, etc etc. He also spoke about the dollar/euro conversion rate and how they're taking a hit on that, too. I thought this was tacky, and didn't make me feel compelled to tip him much beyond the expected amount. Elvis is sailing this week and then he is taking a few months off, he told us.

Hope that helps--we loved our cruise overall and wouldn't hesitate to book this ship again!

I requested a midship, lower stateroom and received it. We were midship on the lowest passenger level. It was very handy to the elevators and stairs. We could easily walk up to the guest relations area (deck 3) and down from the dining room (deck 4). It was quiet and the only time we smelled sewage was for a short time walking from our room to the forward elevators to go to the Celebrity Theater for one evening. We never smelled it in the room. I think you would be hard pressed to know the difference if you were on a higher floor. Of course, it you want a balcony, that is another matter. We opted for an oceanview so we could afford to spring for an inside cabin for our two daughters who traveled with us. We had 2115 which has upper berths so the bed was in front of the window. I would prefer that the bed be located on the long wall so the couch is by the window. We had to get almost on top of the pillows to look out the window. The deck plan is marked with little triangles which indicate which rooms have the upper berths. We were not aware of that at the time. Our cabin attendant kept the place very clean. Unlike some comments about cabins on level 7, our bathroom tile and fixtures were spotless.

Thanx for the comments.........our room is in that very area so it's good to know everything is quiet and clean. ;)

Elvis was not my waiter when I sailed on the Millenium in 2005 but he was at the next table over. None of his guests ever came to the main seating, so he had plenty of time to chat with me. I liked him ok but he was a chatterbox and repeatedly asked me for my email and would I join him off the ship on his day off. Not very professional!

The deck plan is marked with little triangles which indicate which rooms have the upper berths. We were not aware of that at the time. quote]

Do the upper berths get in the way and take up some space in the room?

Elvis was not my waiter when I sailed on the Millenium in 2005 but he was at the next table over. None of his guests ever came to the main seating, so he had plenty of time to chat with me. I liked him ok but he was a chatterbox and repeatedly asked me for my email and would I join him off the ship on his day off. Not very professional!

Okay...that is just plain creepy!

He's been with them a long time, maybe he feels comfortable enough to share more than he should?

I don't know....I don't want to hear about our waiters problems with money or work over dinner...I'm there to relax! I'm sure his "sob stories" were meant to make up reward him with more money....instead, we were put off.

Archived