Rotterdam - Dry Dock?

SailorJack

We are looking at sailing on the Rotterdam this July and have heard that it was in dry dock last year. Was it to upgrade furnishings, carpet, etc? Although the ship is relatively old I understand that it is still quite a nice ship. Anybody sailed on it recently?

Although the ship is relatively old I understand that it is still quite a nice ship. Anybody sailed on it recently?
Relative to ships, the Rotterdam is NOT old. Give it another 20 years or so before you can even start talking 'relatively old'. ;) I 'think' the life expectancy for ships is over 40 yrs. I'm sure 'Prinsendam' would know, but didn't he recently start a Saga cruise???

Anyway, we were on the Rotterdam recently for 20 days. She is beautiful. We have another 36 days booked on her for next year.

Relative to ships, the Rotterdam is NOT old. Give it another 20 years or so before you can even start talking 'relatively old'. ;) I 'think' the life expectancy for ships is over 40 yrs. I'm sure 'Prinsendam' would know, but didn't he recently start a Saga cruise???

Anyway, we were on the Rotterdam recently for 20 days. She is beautiful. We have another 36 days booked on her for next year.

Thanks for your input. After reading your response, I reread the history of the Rotterdam. It is not as old as I thought. Apparently, the launch date of 1872 refers to Rotterdam 1;) The current Rotterdam is Rotterdam VI!

It is not as old as I thought. Apparently, the launch date of 1872 refers to Rotterdam 1;) The current Rotterdam is Rotterdam VI!
Oh, THAT would be OLD!!!!! :eek: I'm sure it didn't have stabilizers or A/C ;) , you wouldn't find me on that - except as a museum.

Archived