What can I bring in my luggage for my stateroom? As in any alcohol or bottled drinks

sassijax

We are going on our first cruise (Imagination) in one week, I'd like to know what the ship will allow me to pack in my suitcase for alcohol or drinks, anything? We are bringing 1000 dollars for sign and sail account and have prepaid the two excursions we are going on. Does anyone have an opinion on if that is plenty of money?

We are going on our first cruise (Imagination) in one week, I'd like to know what the ship will allow me to pack in my suitcase for alcohol or drinks, anything? We are bringing 1000 dollars for sign and sail account and have prepaid the two excursions we are going on. Does anyone have an opinion on if that is plenty of money?

Alcohol is not allowed but some bring it anyway. $1,000 should be fine unless you really drink a lot or go overboard on the photos which are expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

We bring a case of beer in each suitcase. Also you are allowed a bottle of wine per person per CCL rules. You are allowed to bring a cooler so we put a 12 pack of soda and some bottles of water in it. Then when you get to your room meet your steward give him $20 and tell him all you care about is he keeps ice in your cooler. Everyday he will put new ice on your beer. If your smart you bring what they serve on the ship. For instance don't buy bud cans when they only serve bud aluminum bottles. Everyone says hide it in coke fridge packs but we never have and have never had a problem leaving it in original boxes. Even if they take it so what how much did you lose $20.

Even if they take it so what how much did you lose $20.

QFT... if you are successful, you will spend $20 on the steward to keep it iced for you, so it is a win-win IMHO.

Each person over 21 is allowed to bring one bottle of wine on board. I am contemplating an Arbor Mist bottle filled with liquor... and some food coloring? I don't want to worry about my bar tab all week, drinks there are so expensive! Also, a co-worker recommended putting liquor in water bottles... she said it has worked for her many times.

Just some ideas! Brings you back to being under 21 and having to sneak alcohol lol.

We bring a case of beer in each suitcase. Also you are allowed a bottle of wine per person per CCL rules. You are allowed to bring a cooler so we put a 12 pack of soda and some bottles of water in it. Then when you get to your room meet your steward give him $20 and tell him all you care about is he keeps ice in your cooler. Everyday he will put new ice on your beer. If your smart you bring what they serve on the ship. For instance don't buy bud cans when they only serve bud aluminum bottles. Everyone says hide it in coke fridge packs but we never have and have never had a problem leaving it in original boxes. Even if they take it so what how much did you lose $20.[/quote

Actually Carnival now has a rule that the cooler can be no larger than 12"x12"x12"

(like a personal lunch cooler)

I buy a fifth of Vodka, in a plastic bottle and put it in my checked baggage...I have never had a problem with that..

Our last cruise I had a roll-on-cooler (soft sided) and it had a twelve pack of beer...bottles, a six pack of diet 7-up (for the Vodka), a another six pack of beer cans..and some water. I slapped a luggage tag on it, gave it to the porter at the dock with all our other luggage and sent it on it's way...it made it just fine, no broken bottles or anything.

I did have it locked up tighter than Fort Knox...:D & I did tip the Porter well too!

Each person over 21 is allowed to bring one bottle of wine on board. I am contemplating an Arbor Mist bottle filled with liquor... and some food coloring? .

If you are planning on putting it in your carryon, you may want to rethink your idea.....many many times i have seen bottles that are opened or tampered with, taken away, this includes water bottles full of Vodka, they check the seal.

If you bring wine to dinner, there is a $10 fee per bottle.

Our room steward (Trisna-"T") was great and always filled out cooler with ice, usually twice a day without us paying him anything ahead of time..He was great overall-we loved him, and we did give him extra gratuity on the last day..

I buy a fifth of Vodka, in a plastic bottle and put it in my checked baggage...I have never had a problem with that..

Our last cruise I had a roll-on-cooler (soft sided) and it had a twelve pack of beer...bottles, a six pack of diet 7-up (for the Vodka), a another six pack of beer cans..and some water. I slapped a luggage tag on it, gave it to the porter at the dock with all our other luggage and sent it on it's way...it made it just fine, no broken bottles or anything.

I did have it locked up tighter than Fort Knox...:D & I did tip the Porter well too!

Port Canaveral was confiscating the coolers, so depends on which port you are going on of if you want to chance bringing one you know is too large to be allowed. They told people they couldnt xray thru the coolers.

Port Canaveral was confiscating the coolers, so depends on which port you are going on of if you want to chance bringing one you know is too large to be allowed. They told people they couldnt xray thru the coolers.

My cooler wasn't that big...12x12x12...and we sailed out of Long Beach last October..they may have changed the rules since then. We got away with it..not saying that it was the right thing to do but there were a lot of coolers being checked that day :D

From my vast experience in this matter, not with cruise lines, but with traveling to Mexico many times. The biggest bottle of mouthwash at your local supermarket, drained cleaned and let air out for a few days. First trip to Cozumel, I couldnt find a bottel of Crown Royal to save my life. Got soo tired of drinking rum, finally on day 3 went to the Hard Rock, and there she was, promptly ordered a double, called over to the manger and negotiated a deal for me to buy a bottle aof Crown from them. Needless to say I spent more than it was worth but I would have payed double that. The mouthwash bottles are pretty big and sturdy, plus Crown looks exactly like the mouthwash. Enjoy and drink responsibly,,(wear a condom)lol...Off topic anyone going on Carnival Conquest 5/25/08?

From my vast experience in this matter, not with cruise lines, but with traveling to Mexico many times. The biggest bottle of mouthwash at your local supermarket, drained cleaned and let air out for a few days.

And a trick if you can't get the minty flavor out of the bottle is to put a few drops of vanilla in the bottle, along with water and let it soak overnight.

And a trick if you can't get the minty flavor out of the bottle is to put a few drops of vanilla in the bottle, along with water and let it soak overnight.

Does it give the alcohol a vanilla taste? We are not cruising until September 7, and I am soaking in all the great information on how people have gotten alcohol on the ship. We are planning to take Diet Mountain Dew and Diet Mountain Dew Code Red on board. Also, my husband only drinks Lipton Green Tea (16.9 oz plastic), Wild Berry flavor. Do they allow those on board?

Does it give the alcohol a vanilla taste? We are not cruising until September 7, and I am soaking in all the great information on how people have gotten alcohol on the ship. We are planning to take Diet Mountain Dew and Diet Mountain Dew Code Red on board. Also, my husband only drinks Lipton Green Tea (16.9 oz plastic), Wild Berry flavor. Do they allow those on board?

Yes you can bring those items on the ship in your carryon.

If you only put a few drops of vanilla in the bottle, you will not have a vanilla taste, it is just enough get rid of the mint taste, which is one of the complaints about using a mouthwash bottle.

We used the mouthwash bottle all the time, just because it is strong and breakproof.

Archived