Huge Waves- in Canada

alexkrn46

I stayed in Beach Club Villas in March...first time I stayed there. Proximity to EPCOT center is the best. As a Brit, you may appreciate the fact that the Beach Club villas is the closest you can stay to the Rose & Crown pub in Epcot's UK...I loved walking the few hundred yards into EPCOT and to the pub at the end of a day walking around. Even if you go to the other parks, you are so close to Ecpot that you can stop in for a drink and head back to your room after!

The advantage is there for non-drinkers too...you can take a quick and easy walk for dinner at Canada's Le Cellier steakhouse, France's Chefs de France, Japan's steakhouse, or Italy's Alfredo's for dinner...no cars, no busses!

Coxswain & Zackiedawg,

I have told my mom that It would be great to get back to all the places we visited during our ports of call while on the Rotterdam. It was a great feeling to be on the Rotterdam, the ship, and spend a day in Rotterdam, the city. When a HAL ship is in either Rotterdam or Amsterdam, ITS BIG NEWS because the officers are Dutch and the 130 year history of the line being Dutch. The origonal building that was the headquarters for HAL is in Rotterdam right next to where the ships dock and is now the Hotel New York. But the markings on the outside are the real deal relating to HAL's history. We had lunch there that day and the history was really felt. The 1st day of the cruise when we were in Rotterdam there were over 500 visitors on the ship during the day. That included 2 friends of ours.

We are headed to Alaska next summer on the Veendam. We will be on for 2 weeks. We are hoping that my friend will be on that ship then as that's where he was supposed to be now but ended up on the Rotterdam. During the winter Caribbean season the Veendam sails from our home port of Tampa so she is only a 30 - 40 minn. drive for us. She will be back in here for the Winter starting on Saturday.

We have just decided to take a break from Europe since this has been the 3rd summer in a row we have done a cruise that included Europe but bet we will be back in 06 somewhere. Alaska we have done before and the scenery cruising the Inside Passage is just AWESOME!!!! When we were up there on the Ryndam for 2 weeks in 2000, we had fantastic weather and on the last day we went through a area and slowed down to a crawl because of ORCAS!!! To see them at Sea World is one thing but out in the wild is another as they were swimming so close to the ship you could see them under water.

Since we are getting into Orlando, we like to go over to Universal and stay at the Hard Rock Hotel. We just like that area better but there is certainly nothing wrong with Disney. Universal & CityWalk for us is less than a 2 hour drive. Its a easy day trip as well. We are going over in a couple weeks for a weekend and get in on Halloween Horror Nights. For the 1st time is being held at both Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios so twice the fear.

R. J. Bean

42 cruises on HAL at the age of 39

459 days at sea on 11 different DAM SHIPS

12/04 Rotterdam Holiday Cruise

8/05 Veendam Alaska

I've been up to Halloween Horror Nights a few times...they put on a great show and some great haunted houses.

Admittedly Universal, especially with Islands of Adventure, has more of the action and extreme rides than the Disney parks. But I grew up as a Disney kid...since I was 3 and went to Walt Disney World in 1971 when the park opened. I've gone many times every year since...watched the Magical World of Disney shows, Disney movies, etc. It was just part of growing up that I remember fondly. So the Disney parks represent that for me...memories, happiness, safety, fun, and more.

I tend to fiercely defend the 'first' of anything for myself. Disney was the first theme park I experienced - so in my mind nothing else will ever be as good, and I would defend them in any comparison or competition. Coke was the first soda I liked, so I avoid Pepsi products like the plague. McDonald's was the first fast-food burger joint I can recall, so Burger King is off the list. It goes on and on...Sony digital cameras, Casio digital watches, Breitling chronographs, Ray Ban sunglasses, etc. I guess I just like to become familiar and comfortable with something and stick with it!

I somehow have not managed to get up to Alaska yet...I am dying to take that cruise. It will probably be my next cruise next year. My parents go on that one almost every year, and never tire of it (January 10-day in Caribbean, March 10-14-day in Alaska, April/May 14-20-day in South America, September 28-35-day in Europe, November 10-day in Southern Caribbean, and one or two specials thrown in wherever they can fit...that's their typical schedule). Unfortunately, Europe is a little harder with my work schedule...I have trouble carving out even 2 consecutive weeks for a single vacation, which means I can only plan one of the shorter European cruises as opposed to the nice 30-dayers my parents go on. With having to book the plane and pack luggage for the airlines (how nice to live near the port where you don't have to worry about suitcase size or weight!), and blow 2 days of the vacation just getting there and back, it is hard for me to justify a European cruise. I tend to favor Europe by rail or car.

Have fun at HHN at Universal...I can't make it up that way with my cruise on Summit coming up Nov 5...Maybe next year I'll make it up to try the new, larger Horror Nights!

"Breitling chronographs" join the gang i use to have a Tag Heuer but Breitling are far nicer, i have a Trans-ocean.

HHN are great fun, we went last year and had a great time. Can you imagine a cruise line trying something like that for a night he he lol

jj.......

Maybe Carnival might be willing to have a more 'wild' Halloween party...

I became addicted to Breitlings after getting a Crosswind many years ago. I followed it up with a B1 and a Navitimer. I am actually shopping on my upcoming cruise for another...hoping to get a hold of a Montbrillant anniversary. They are beautiful and technical watches at the same time, very durable, masculine, and so far quite reliable too. I tend to go for the stainless or titanium, with either steel or leather bracelets...I'm far too abusive on my watches to get gold, so why spend the money and constantly worry about scratches and dings? :)

Archived